Terraonion support down, Mode ssd issue

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I've tried 3 different browsers and can't get to the download area. Can someone check the site for me.

When I cllick the Mode hdd check it's registering the ssd but I'm getting a device not ready message and it's loaded. The same info is on a sd and it recognizes that.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I've tried 3 different browsers and can't get to the download area. Can someone check the site for me.

When I cllick the Mode hdd check it's registering the ssd but I'm getting a device not ready message and it's loaded. The same info is on a sd and it recognizes that.
I've just checked the download section and I keep getting this message:

This site can’t be reached​

downloads.terraonion.com took too long to respond.

Reactions: Syn

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
I had the same trouble some time ago.

You need to login to the shop, then goto "Registered products" (cogwheel top right). There you're able to download the firmware.

PS: I'm just wondering how to download the cover art dbs, since the link in their wiki does not work as well.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
that worked.

Thanks @yoshi41

It shows that the ssd is there but says device not ready. The ssd has everything loaded in a Dreamcast folder, except the menu file, and works on the sd card. I guess I have to give up.

Last edited:

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
Did the SSD work and it stopped working or did it never work?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Did the SSD work and it stopped working or did it never work?
Brand new but I've put the US and Japan libraries on it. I've copied games from it to a sd card, no luck. It's working so I'm not sure.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Have you tried posting something on reddit or searching there? someone else has probably run into the same issue and it’s more active than here. It’s probably a folder structure issue or formatting thing with the drive, or maybe a compatibility issue with the ssd. I don’t think they ever said only certain brands work but maybe there are known brands people have had issue with.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
There are a lot of issues in this thread.

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
Best is probably to get support from discord. Annoying, but that's their "support forum".

At least check whether the filesystem it's FAT32 or exFAT. I use exFAT. And run a drive check on the PC. Maybe your SSD draws to much power and/or the PSU hasn't aged well. Also try to remove the SD card, to save power consumption.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
It sounds dumb, but make sure your file naming convention follows what their instructions say. I had to do that for mine because it wouldn't recognize any folders and voila

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Best is probably to get support from discord. Annoying, but that's their "support forum".

At least check whether the filesystem it's FAT32 or exFAT. I use exFAT. And run a drive check on the PC. Maybe your SSD draws to much power and/or the PSU hasn't aged well. Also try to remove the SD card, to save power consumption.
Discord has the same suggestions as mentioned here. 3 different ssds some done fat 32 or exfat same results. The dreamcast cast folder and menu in the root. I'm now thinking something is wrong with the port since the ssds are working.