Terminator: Genisys

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Just watched this.

What a fucken shit movie.

It was more like The Lawn Mower Man than a Terminator flick.

Yeah...I have zero intention of ever watching it. The reviews are enough to steer me clear of wasting my time on that piece of shit...

There are just some franchises that cannot get the treatment they deserve, Terminator is one of them. It has so much potential but is handled so poorly again and again...

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i would like to know what people thought of the sarah connor chronicles. i personally loved.i tought it captured the feel and atmosphere of T2 pretty well. and it was nice to see the stage of john connor where he's struggling to except his fate. too bad it abruptly ended with giving us a clear conclusion.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
i would like to know what people thought of the sarah connor chronicles. i personally loved.i tought it captured the feel and atmosphere of T2 pretty well. and it was nice to see the stage of john connor where he's struggling to except his fate. too bad it abruptly ended with giving us a clear conclusion.

Summer Glau is hot. TSCC sucked.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It started off slow and kinda meh, but started hitting it's stride and getting good at the end of season two. Where it was canceled. Season three probably would have been great.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It really was entertaining if you don't take it seriously.
I initially didn't understand why so many inforgraphs were springing up trying to explain the timeline, and then I saw the movie. It takes all the problems with time travel, and throws them into a single movie.
Don't try to figure it out, and it's an explosion fest.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I just watched it and thought...what if the machines win and in turn make the MATRIX???

I never took Terminator seriously, I never took any of Arnold movies seriously except for one Conan The Barbarian...that's it, the rest are just Arnold doing this or that, with that said I enjoyed the Genesys movie 'cause it's basically a regurgitation of T2 and T2 was a fun movie, this one wasn't as fun but it's cool to see Sarah Connor being a bad ass again. Now I heard they had a trilogy planned but cancelled it due to the reception. I wonder who sent Pops to help Sarah?

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
Now I heard they had a trilogy planned but cancelled it due to the reception. I wonder who sent Pops to help Sarah?

I also agree that it was a fun movie. It wasn't a sci-fi/action masterpiece like T2, but I still felt like it was a pretty cool movie and we got to see some pretty cool and unique Terminator fights. I expected future installments to help fill in some of the story gaps in Genisys but now we may never know.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
I also agree that it was a fun movie. It wasn't a sci-fi/action masterpiece like T2, but I still felt like it was a pretty cool movie and we got to see some pretty cool and unique Terminator fights. I expected future installments to help fill in some of the story gaps in Genisys but now we may never know.

Agreed, I had no hopes for it but was surprised at some of the stuff they pulled and the fights were pretty kool and not rehashed, its defiantly a mash style of 1 and 2.
What gaps are you talking about thou? Im pretty sure they implied Pops was sent by Kyle since she was all like I've never told anyone, and then she tells kyle in the police truck the location and the whole story since she decides to trust him, no?

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
What gaps are you talking about thou? Im pretty sure they implied Pops was sent by Kyle since she was all like I've never told anyone, and then she tells kyle in the police truck the location and the whole story since she decides to trust him, no?

Wow, that's a great explanation! I guess what I mean is that I wanted to see the movies explicitly show this happening because it would add to the lore. It'll be nice to know the origin of the Pops T-800 and how he managed to get reprogrammed. Under your theory, Sarah or Kyle could have equally been responsible to send Pops back (but this may open up another problem because why would she or Kyle have sent Pops back to save just Sarah but not her parents too. Maybe her parents were assholes?). It might also be interesting to show the origin of T2's T-800 and how it got reprogrammed to protect young John Conner or if all of T2 is now completely retconned.

Something that bothered me was that at the end of Genisys, Kyle Reese
Spoiler:
stays alive. Unlike the end of T1 when Kyle dies in the line of action, he is around now to pass intel to Sarah to pass on to future John Connor. Genisys suggests that John is unstoppable in the future because he knows exactly when and where to hit Skynet presumably due to Intel given to him by Sarah (and, by extension, Kyle). So if Kyle remains alive in the past to give up all the winning lotto numbers, then how could he have not said anything about how John will get ambushed by Doctor Who at the moment Kyle goes back in time? Kyle was able witness this as he was traveling and decided it wasn't important enough to mention?

Other things that I was hoping to get answered is what did Skynet send back right before John and Kyle bust in to the time travel facility in Genisys? If we presume it was the T-800 from T1, then when and where did Skynet have the opportunity back all the other terminators? There's the Agent Doggett T-1000 from T2, the John Conner T-3000 (not a spoiler because he's already in the trailer), and the Korean T-1000 from Genisys
Spoiler:
who goes to 1973, kills Sarah's parents, and then basically fails to terminate anything for 11 years.

What about Kyle Reese's origin? And why does Skynet always target Sarah Conner to get at John Conner, but doesn't target Kyle Reese? Surely, Skynet knows that somebody has to contribute the other 23 chromosomes to make a John Conner. They also know it was Kyle Reese and they know exactly when and where he gets sent back
Spoiler:
because Doctor Who was there. In fact, Skynet should have just ambushed Kyle before he goes back in time instead of T-3000-ifying John Conner -- killing Kyle in the future would seem more effective than sending T-3000 John Conner back.

I just wished we could have gotten a chance to explore the Terminator universe more.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Fellas.....this series pulled a matrix trilogy and gave itself DOUBLE AIDS.
And it finally succumbed to said illness on July 1, 2015. May it rest in piss.

This is a sack of shit where Kyle Reese has steroid abuser ass veins, Sarah Conor is a feisty little SJW who don't need no mans help, and it's soundtrack features a OneRepublic song that belongs on prom night (at a highschool for bullied FAGS).

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
This movie was alright for the first part when they are in 1984 and remaking the first movie but as soon as they went to 2016 and the whole John connor terminator thing started it turned into a giant pile of shit. The only terminator movie i like nowadays is the first one, the second one is alright but i cant watch it any more. Maybe ive just seen it too much