System Shock 3 official reveal with survey to ask which platforms to release, VR interest

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/system-shock-3-officially-revealed-survey-asks-for/1100-6433068/

After a countdown timer from Boston-based studio OtherSide Entertainment was revealed early last week, System Shock 3 has officially been announced.

With the timer now expired, the webpage now features the game痴 title and an artistic rendition of the System Shock series' antagonistic artificial intelligence, SHODAN (short for Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network).

The page also features an audio file which vocalises the words: "Did you think I壇 forgotten you, insect?"While OtherSide Entertainment appears to be the development studio behind the project, the page also acknowledges Night Dive Studios LLC as holders of the System Shock trademark. Night Dive Studios recently acquired the full rights to the franchise.

A mailing list subscription link is available, which leads to a survey asking participants whether they have played either of the first two System Shock games, and their preferred gaming platform of choice between PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Mac, and Other. The survey also asks participants to rate their interest in virtual reality gaming.

Participants of the survey have the chance to win one of sixteen limited-edition SHODAN prints by series concept artist Robb Waters, a veteran of Looking Glass Studios and Irrational Games.

No other specific details are given.

Paul Neurath, founder of the original System Shock developer Looking Glass Studios, is also the founder of OtherSide Entertainment. OtherSide is also working on a spiritual sequel to Ultima Underworld, following a successful Kickstarter campaign earlier this year.

Night Dive Studios recently released an enhanced edition of the first System Shock game, and re-released System Shock 2 on GOG.com and Steam in 2013.

shodan.jpg

Attachments

• 2978879-cwkvrjlweaa2fzv.jpg
    2978879-cwkvrjlweaa2fzv.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 44

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
First I was scared it would be some Ken Levine trash like Bioshit (System Shock for people who suck at video games and once read Atlas Shrugged in the ninth grade), but I came in here and went from pessimistic to hyped as fuck

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
First I was scared it would be some Ken Levine trash like Bioshit (System Shock for people who suck at video games and once read Atlas Shrugged in the ninth grade), but I came in here and went from pessimistic to hyped as fuck

wow so deep

BodyHammeR

I quoted Rot., He Went in DRY!
Even though I really enjoyed the first System Shock, I didn't care much for System Shock 2. So 16 years later, why do I need to get excited about this franchise again?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I've been wanting this sequel for 15 years. I'm fucking ecstatic.

Otherside has some former LGS staff on board, along with Warren Spector serving as a consultant.

Get hype!