Switching EPS BMT to PDF?

jocappy

Another Striker
How can I switch a EPS or BMT to PDF. My Photoshop doesnt do it. Any shareware that does it for free?? Joe

jocappy

Another Striker
My photoshop says I can do it but when I do convert a jpeg, or EPS, or bitmap it says as follows.

"Adobe reader could not open "INSERT I TRYED TO CONVERT!" because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been corupted (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded."

SO what do I do? I feel teh screwed. :( Joe

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
jocappy said:
My photoshop says I can do it but when I do convert a jpeg, or EPS, or bitmap it says as follows.

"Adobe reader could not open "INSERT I TRYED TO CONVERT!" because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been corupted (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded."

SO what do I do? I feel teh screwed. :( Joe

Do you actually try to open these files with PHOTOSHOP? or does Adobe Reader open them up?

You should be opening them up with photoshop, then try SAVE AS and select your format.

jocappy

Another Striker
NeoCverA said:
Do you actually try to open these files with PHOTOSHOP? or does Adobe Reader open them up?

You should be opening them up with photoshop, then try SAVE AS and select your format.

Yes I open them in photoshop, convert them to pdf. They show up as converted pdf files. Open the newly created pdf from other format and it gives me that qoute from Acrobat reader.

What am a doing wrong?? Joe

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Why do you need to open in in Reader?

Does the newly created PDF file open up in Photoshop?

Maybe its the version of photoshop your using and the version of reader you have?

I really dont know. Im tryin to figure out why its important for Reader to open them up.

jocappy

Another Striker
NeoCverA said:
Why do you need to open in in Reader?

Does the newly created PDF file open up in Photoshop?

Maybe its the version of photoshop your using and the version of reader you have?

I really dont know. Im tryin to figure out why its important for Reader to open them up.

I dont know if it is important. I just was checking to see if it would work so when I go to kinkos I KNOW it will work. Can I email you one of my curupt files that I cannot open to see if they open on your reader? Joe

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Load the file up in Photoshop,save it as a PSD file 1st. Then load the PSD file up into Photoshop,THEN save it as a PDF and see what you come up with.
-BB

jocappy

Another Striker
BIG BEAR said:
Load the file up in Photoshop,save it as a PSD file 1st. Then load the PSD file up into Photoshop,THEN save it as a PDF and see what you come up with.
-BB

I uninstalled my photoshop so I can reload it. However I seem to have lost my photoshop disc! Teh fuct! Now I need to purchase some new photo software : :very_ang: