Stupid annoying moves that people do over and over in fighting games

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYX-Y7Dc0rM
Take a look at this match. It's a frustrating uphill battle for a certain character. Gief doesn't have any tools to counter the air fireball, the entire match is spent trying to zone in. A good job on Gief's side here...

I'm no fighting game nut by any means but considering the non-existent far off attacks of Zangief this match was pretty cool.

It never seemed that Zangief had no chance and it was a close call for Goukei in the end. The player with Zangief must be a pretty good one right?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No offense to your friend, but some of us don't care for playing dirty. Never been the win by any means type.

And back on topic, moves with little to no recovery on a block.

Playing to win by any means is probably the most boring type of competition. I like to see people pull off nice stuff, or at least try to be fun about it. Like in SSIV, if I'm clearly winning, I'll probably jump back and taunt the other guy and do silly things like squatting repeatedly or hopping around. I figure, why not. If the opponent gets in a hit and levels things out, might make things interesting.

But some people can't do that. It's pathetic seeing them in action.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I suck at fighting games,always did.The only 2 I was any good in were Tekken 2 and Mortal Kombat.Well i could pull of the moves anyway without buttonbashing.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I suck at fighting games,always did.The only 2 I was any good in were Tekken 2 and Mortal Kombat.Well i could pull of the moves anyway without buttonbashing.
What Mortal Kombat games? 2 or 3?

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
FINE AGAIN! JAE HOON'S FIRE KICK IN GAROU!!!!

Goddamn, can't please everyone!
Oh, and for the record Garou is better than ssb, IMO.

why of all moves in Garou did you pick Jae's Fire kick.... there are far more annoying moves in the game...

Kevin's :down: :A:+:B:

It has a stupidly high priority and cancel in to almost anything, that can then be canceled in to combo that will take 60-80% of you life away.

Kevin's :hcf: +:A:/:C:

Seriously he's still top tier without it and it pissing me off like you wouldn't believe.... fucking command grab....

Grant's Dive kick :down: :B:/:D:

has high priority, it's great for building meter, and it sets up a frame trap.

Grant's Bull rush :qcf: :C:
Also setups up a frame trap on block, but the :C: version has the added annoyance of passing through you and making it hard to block or JD on reaction.

just to name a few....

bluelander

n00b
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYX-Y7Dc0rM
Take a look at this match. It's a frustrating uphill battle for a certain character. Gief doesn't have any tools to counter the air fireball, the entire match is spent trying to zone in. A good job on Gief's side here...

That Zangief player was being an idiot

:dragf:+P

Moves you across the screen and dodges projectiles. The EX version is even better. I don't play Zangief much, but when I do people that rely on fireballs always lose.

Studioaudience

Crazed MVS Addict
Kens 3rd super in Street fighter 3rd strike , high amount of hits and doesnt take long to charge. Its one of the most pain in the ass moves to parry in that game.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
in fatal fury 2 I use to do Andys quicksilver slash or elbow rib cracker as i call it unlimited as it works a treat and rarely fail which i admit is a very annoying and cheap move to do, its ashame they put a bit of a delay of the move in FFS as it makes it a lot more redundant

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm laughing at the infinte juggling remark and I feel for you guys, I know fighting games can be very frustrating at times but as long as your are enjoying the game that's all that really matters.

There are many types of fighting gamers out there and the mayority have a set of unwritten rules that unfortunately limit their game drastically. Playing to win and all that comes along with being "cheap" is nothing more than a style. If in fact you find yourself being annoyed by certain patterns then it is in your best interest (if you actually care to learn something) to dissect these patterns and overcome them. Turtling could also be considered annoying if not a bit "coward" like, but alas is just a different style and not everyone wants to fight the way you want them to which is why adapting is so crucial to becoming a better fighter (easier said than done of course).

This reminds me of someone complaining about being tick thrown 10 times or more during one round. Well, if you are thrown 10 times during a match, then you deserve being thrown 10 times. The tools are all out there and no one is hiding them from you. Learn, practice and adapt or else keep getting frustrated with your set of rules.

Playing to win doesn't necessarily makes the better fighter, but winning is not loosing no matter how hard you look at it.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
That Zangief player was being an idiot

:dragf:+P

Moves you across the screen and dodges projectiles. The EX version is even better. I don't play Zangief much, but when I do people that rely on fireballs always lose.

There's this game called Super Street Fighter 2... has a guy name Sagat in it. You should play that.

Leona KOF!

n00b
Hello. First post ever... whoohoo :D

Mai's throwing fans. Only because I know someone who abuses them like crazy. Also, Mai's flying squirrel. And that horrible aerial throw move where she can be practically over your head and still somehow throw you. You can tell I play against a Mai fan lol! I guess the last one's annoying because of the insane priority it seems to have over any of my regular characters' moves in the air. The others are annoying because I don't like hearing the same phrase and move shrieked out by Mai 25 times per fight :hammer: