Strikers 1945 Plus

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi Guys

Im hoping to get this game this week, and have read a few reviews that say the game suffers from alot of slowdown.

Luckily my local arcade has this game running, so i thought id pop down there on my lunch break and try it out. After playing this for a good 20mins, i cant say that i noticed any slowdown at all.

Is this normal, I mean, should the game have the slowdown as reviewed? or was i more likely playing some alternate pcb version?

I just dont want to get the cart home thinking its going to play as well as the one in the arcade only to be disappointed.

Any input/info would be appreciated!

Cheers

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
When you're playing, it's harder to notice slowdown. If you watch somebody else play, it will seem worse. At least, that's how it is for me...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Aaron D said:
When you're playing, it's harder to notice slowdown. If you watch somebody else play, it will seem worse. At least, that's how it is for me...

Agreed, i really dont think its a huge factor. Its a fun game and definitely worth having in your collection

thechop

Overtop Pathfinder
megageoff76 said:
Hi Guys

Im hoping to get this game this week, and have read a few reviews that say the game suffers from alot of slowdown.

Luckily my local arcade has this game running, so i thought id pop down there on my lunch break and try it out. After playing this for a good 20mins, i cant say that i noticed any slowdown at all.

Is this normal, I mean, should the game have the slowdown as reviewed? or was i more likely playing some alternate pcb version?

I just dont want to get the cart home thinking its going to play as well as the one in the arcade only to be disappointed.

Any input/info would be appreciated!

Cheers

Believe me i've played this game more than any other on the Neo and can't say i've noticed any slowdown, as previously said it may be less noticable if your playing it yourself but by no means should it put you off enjoying what i believe to be one of the most addictive and replayable games on the Neo.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Very cool game, a must have for any fan of shooters who owns a Neo. Haven't fired up my cart in a while but I use to session it pretty hard and don't remember there being much if any slowdown. Flying Pancake FTW!

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I've read reports that some people have experienced slowdown while playing the rom through mame. I looked into this a year or two ago. I think even Kazuya must have been playing it through mame when he reviewed it here.

thechop

Overtop Pathfinder
Inspired by this thread, i fired the game up in the old 4-slot cab and playing it from start to finish, never noticed any slowdown whatsoever:D Never played it on MAME though, prefer to play games in their original incarnation:D

neo_mao

15 Year Member
thechop said:
Inspired by this thread, i fired the game up in the old 4-slot cab and playing it from start to finish, never noticed any slowdown whatsoever:D

hahaha, yeah me too.
graphics still impress me

thechop

Overtop Pathfinder
First had it on boot(sold to me unknowingly on eBay:very_ang: ) and thought the slightly dark graphics may be due to the boot ,but as i now have a legit cart i realise it's just the graphical style.Incidentally i never had any problem getting the boot to work, unlike the legit cart which needed shitloads of cleaning and 'wiggling':lolz: to get to work!!

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
All going well I should be picking this game up this afternoon, so I will report back later on when all its tucked up nicely in my cab.

Ive been playing this week at the local arcade, but it just feels wrong paying to play someone elses Neo, when you have your own at home.

gundarN

n00b
Strikers 1945 Plus isn't as good as Strikers 1945 II; but it's still a great game (and I didn't notice any slowdown).
The borders at the left and righ are a bit ugly; but at least you get to pick a Spitfire. Which is nice.

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
Ive now got my cart. Im disappointed though as soon as I saw it my heart sank as its definately boot-city :crying:

Oh well, anyway it plays really well with no graphic and sound problems, and no noticable slow down which is something. It wasn't that expensive, and at least the guy said I can return it for a refund if I have any problems with it.

I might keep an eye out for an original and replace at some point it if one pops up.

Game on!

neo_mao

15 Year Member
megageoff76 said:
Ive now got my cart. Im disappointed though as soon as I saw it my heart sank as its definately boot-city :crying:

Oh well, anyway it plays really well with no graphic and sound problems, and no noticable slow down which is something. It wasn't that expensive, and at least the guy said I can return it for a refund if I have any problems with it.

I might keep an eye out for an original and replace at some point it if one pops up.

Game on!

Sorry to hear its a boot...but glad it at least works well.

If you do want the original, I got mine from excellentcom.net for $65, which is a great price....the only thing is that since they are in Asia, shipping is really expensive, so you may want to hold off until you want to buy a few games since then the shipping will seem more reasonable :)

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
Anyone know if there are any secrets in this game like hidden planes or anything?

thechop

Overtop Pathfinder
Theres a hidden plane in it, use the random select in the choose your fighter screen and you can just see it as it quickly scrolls through the planes.Its pot luck tho' choosing it but not too hard to do:)

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
Cheers mate, I see it now. Ive been playing this all morning and now have 'Fire Button Wrist'. Up ntil now i thought Aero Fighters 2 was the best shooter on Neo..it cant compare to this. Awesome game.

thechop

Overtop Pathfinder
You can set the c button to autofire in the soft dips if i remember correctly ,may save your wrist a bit and your button:lolz:

slap_fight

n00b
Pretty good game. It feels like a mix between a Psikyo and Cave game to me.

Obviously, if you experience slow-down in Mame/emulation, it's probably rom/game related. More ram/processing/emulation priority type of an issue if you ask me. If anything slow-down is a bonus since this game can get hard as hell later on.

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
Im still definately enjoying this game..being playing it hardcore all week.
Go the flying pancake!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
BigTinz said:
Strikers Board > Strikers MVS
Wishi Washi buffon! I actually hate you right now for being right, but I'll still love the MVS version more! ALLWAYS!

Robb

Crossed Swords Squire
Awesome game ! I have the AES Conversion...
If you have a modded Neo Geo (you can use the special hidden plane)
I have it btw.. :D