Street Fighter IV on PC

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Hey I just bought this, haven't played it much since my brother just bought it as well and I've been coaching him a bit to help him out online, lol.

Anyway, my GFW Live and Steam IDs are both DanAdamKOF.

edit: I made a steam group for Neo-Geo.com: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/neo-geodotcom I'll make a thread about it I guess.

Last edited:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I picked up a copy of SFIV today.
I don't have it running yet. I only have onboard Intel and couldn't get to an Office Depot in time to look for a compatible NVidia or ATI.
"No 3D Device found" or some such error.

Edit: "Failed creating the Direct3D device."

It's basically telling me GL isn't good enough.
Oh well.

Have you browsed the disc with the program to see what all is there by default?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I bought the Steam version since I won't support the SecuROM DRM on the retail version...
but I haven't browsed the contents.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
I bought the Steam version since I won't support the SecuROM DRM on the retail version...
but I haven't browsed the contents.

I found the ending animations.
The video and audio is split into separate files.
WMV and WMA.
Then there's an E or J option for audio for English and Japanese, respectively.

I think it's funny that the box and insert state the game "Runs best on Alienware."

I wonder what Dell paid for that promotion.

The only "protection" I've seen so far is the "Live" activation code on the back of the manual.

That's not to say it won't check anything more when I get a card to let me run the game.

The game files are all the same, weird format.
*.egz or something like that.
Not even the old style "OMAKE" or "BGM" folders like some older PC games.

I guess those days are over.
Maybe not. This is the first PC game I've gotten in a few years.
It can't be near so bad as the "Starforce"(?) protection on the Midway Arcade Treasures PC disks.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I hated that along with the Namco protection BS. I just want to play the shit right out of the freaking hardrive!

Has anyone got the PC ver running yet? how's it?!

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I am loving all the newbs. Easy wins against Akumas pulling fullscreen raging demons (oh wow he's doing two weak punches over and over on the other side of the screen, what is he up to???), etc. I'm up to like 700 points hahaha.

Electricgrave, SF4 is running great and looks real nice on my brother's PC, I'd say it'll probably run decently on non-low-end graphics cards.

SF4 looks crappy on my laptop, but I expected it to be crappy, since I have a weak graphics card in it and haven't bothered to overclock it or anything. Right now I'm running it with lowest possible detail settings and no backgrounds, the characters look like they're from Kingdom Hearts or some overexposed looking PS2 game hahaha. Still plays fluidly with those settings, which is what I was going for.

There's a benchmarking program that will let you see if your computer can handle it, check it out: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TKGSV0M0 I'm glad I did so, so I'd know what to expect on my craptop. If my desktop weren't so low on hard drive space I'd just be using that, oh well.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
I have the game running after picking up an NVidia card today.
WMV files for prologues and epilogues don't play well.
It's documented in Vista, but not XP.

Bah.
Just reinstalled WMP11. I may have to downgrade to 10 or something to get things working well.

Edit: The Windows LIVE service login dialogues really break flow if all you want to do it play the game.

Also, reinstalling WMP11 fixed the video problem.
Hoorah!

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Damn, upgrading your PC just to run SF4, and I thought I was hardcore for considering overclocking my video card to run it better on my laptop.

Add me Kagerou, I'm DanAdamKOF on GFW Live and Steam.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Damn, upgrading your PC just to run SF4, and I thought I was hardcore for considering overclocking my video card to run it better on my laptop.

Add me Kagerou, I'm DanAdamKOF on GFW Live and Steam.

When I build this pc, I gypped on adding a video card to "Make do" with GL.
I made the special addition of the video card just for this game.

I haven't set up an online LIVE account. I haven't put but one playthrough of arcade mode before I had to turn around and leave the house again.

Give me a day to get used to the game (I've been a week or so on GG Accent Core +) and I'll get the online part set up.

What are you using as a controller, Adam? Pad? XBox360 stick?

If I can map confirm/accept to where I usually use Start, I'll be set.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm using this on my brother's computer:
51X6W3WGTRL.jpg

D-pad is a bit mushy but it gets the job done. My brother and I have had two for years, I don't think the company makes this type of pad anymore. They make a nerfed one with only 4 buttons on the face (no start, select light punch, or light kick), so I don't know where you could pick one up. Strangely enough we got both of our pads at GameStop many years ago, and not some computer store.

I tried my Tekken 5 stick on my laptop, through a Super Dual Box Pro PS2->USB adapter, and there was a bit too much delay for me to play comfortably. For all I know it's not the adapter but possibly my laptop's screen itself (I need to hook it up to a CRT to know for sure), but I don't think my USB polling rate is overclocked on this laptop, so I could possibly get a better response time out of it if I mess with that.