SS4 manual post is Fixed!

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
SS4 manual UPDATED (Now v1.1)

Version 1.1 is now availavle!

Download it from here:

http://www.geocities.com/lime_2_k/

(I smacked around Illustrator and Acrobat and got the size for everything under 5 megs!)

I've repacked and reposted it, somehow there was an error in the last post (I've tested this one to make sure it works). Also, since I neglected to mention this before, you're gonna need to use Acrobat version 6 or later to view it.

Currently in the MiniMVS of Doom: Samurai Shodown 4!!!

Last edited:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Try and a compliation with winrar

See if that works

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
I tried that already with about 4 different compression programs, including winrar. I lost maybe 350K from the sizes.

Any other suggestions?

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
you could probably shave a great deal off by tweaking your distiller settings. But I'd have to know what all is in the file (raster graphics/res, vector graphics, etc).

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I dont know if it's my download but I get a corrupt file when i extract the .zip.

Says: CRC failed in Samurai Shodown 4 Manual\SS4 Manual Page Fronts.pdf. The file is corrupt.

Last edited:

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Hmm, it unzipped alright for me, but I got a few errors when I tried to open files in acrobat... I think I might just need to update acrobat versions for this...

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Updated to Acrobat 7.0 and that cleared most of the errors up for me. The one left is that it won't open the file: 'SS4 Manual Page Fronts.pdf'. Other two look great! AWESOME work!

:buttrock:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
The Front/back file and Backs file extracted/worked just fine but the Fronts file did not.

I wanted to see that in particular to view the "Special Thanks" section ;)

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
I've tested the download, and there is indeed an error in the file. I've repacked and reposted it. (I've tested this one to make sure it works).

Also, since I neglected to mention this before, you're gonna need to use Acrobat version 6 or later to view it.

Enjoy, and give feedback!
(now it's time to play!)

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Sorry I never posted but you did an excellent job on this! The only thing was your ReadMe First text file. Your printing diagram doesnt show up too well (not properly alligned or whatever).

Nice work though. Do you have a pic of your final printed version? Id like to see the finished product in reality.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
as soon as I can swipe my sister's digital camera, I'll post a pic.

(wow, talk about bringing posts back from the dead...)

BTW NeoCvera, i'd _really_ like to be able to take a picture of the matching shockbox...

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Well done!! what a great manual!! Have you done any more????

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
I've been working on one for KOF '98, but it's been taking a -lot- longer than expected to photoshop the images into a useable form (stupid frickin' flame backround in my mook... GRRRRR...), plus with 40-odd characters, just scrounging English move names for characters is taking forever.

I'm still plugging away at it, though (maybe I'll work on it more tonight after work)

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
Here's the pictures I promised. Note that this one is the prototype, and there's bee numerous changes compared to the one that is online, especially since I went typospotting and updated the manual! It's now version 1.1, with various corrections (no moves have changed, just grammar mistakes). If there are any SS4 gawds that find any errors (and I'm sure there's at least one), LMK and you'll engrave your name in the credits in the book!

Anyway, on to the pics:

manual_cart.jpg

pages1.jpg

pages2.jpg

Enjoy!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Very classy looking.
A TOP Notch job there!!
-BB