sound track in kof 98

masschamber

NEST Puppet
15 Year Member
I've playing king of fighters 98 lately , but while playing it I'm pretty sure it played kyo's theme from 97, is it in there, or was it just the normal theme and I wasn't paying enough attention, also can any one tell me which characters yield unique themes (besides the obvious ones)

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
masschamber said:
I've playing king of fighters 98 lately , but while playing it I'm pretty sure it played kyo's theme from 97, is it in there, or was it just the normal theme and I wasn't paying enough attention, also can any one tell me which characters yield unique themes (besides the obvious ones)

Here's what I know from playing the game at home (Never saw any KOF game after 97 in arcades.).

If you're playing as Iori and your opponent is Kyo, you'll hear Kyo's KOF 97 theme. Also, if you're playing as Kyo and your opponent is Iori, you'll hear Iori's KOF 97 theme.

Rugal and Omega Rugal have different themes.

Hears stuff I've found from the KOF 98 OST.

Each memeber of the Orochi team has a character specific theme, just like the 97 Special team members.
The 94 Women's team theme is in the game. Most likely heard if you face the edit team of Mai, Yuri and King.
Kyo's KOF 94 theme is a part of the OST. Most likely heard if you face classic Kyo.

That's about all I can recall.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Here's one more, Iori's KOF 95 theme is also in the game. Not sure of the conditions required to hear that one but it's part of the OST.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
IIRC a good deal of the tracks are remixed.
Wasn't this done from '94 to '98? Have a few tracks updated from game to game?

I've listened to the soundtrack a lot thanks to the the UniBIOS Jukebox, and I remember recalling a lot of similar music.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
I always did enjoy '98's soundtrack/bgm. Probably the best in the series imo.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Oddly, the best tracks in the game are the Orochi team's unique ones

lolz

the pulsating beat of O. Yash's

the eerie carnival music of O. Sherm's

the sanctity of O. Chris's

Awesomenezz

shame they didn't make the arranged as good as the orig :(

anyway yeah, the game has a fucking ACE st in either version