Sonic Mania

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Man they hit all the right notes in that trailer. Very meticulously showing everything we asked for and even a literal rewind. Seems too perfect.

2D Gameplay - Check
2D Pixel Art - Check
Kick Ass OST - Check
Sonic Tails and Knuckles ONLY - Check

I haven't been this excited for a Sonic game since.....Sonic the Hedgehog 4....hmmmm.........

YOU BETTER NOT SCREW THIS UP SEGA!

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Looks good. Day one purchase for me.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Looks cool, love the Hornet reference, I'd love another all stars racing too.

bryan

Geese's Thug
This looks great, still made the Wii never got S4 episode 2.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I am pretty hyped. I really liked the job Sega did with Sonic Generations and this one is looking to be quite excellent as well. Like mentioned earlier, the game looks like something that would have come out on the Saturn if Sega would have continued making the traditional 2d games. The new drop dash mechanic seems like something that will add so much to the core sonic gameplay.

The problem with 3d Sonic was always with the camera and how they designed the levels which made it easy to screw up during the platforming sections. It wasnt till they got to Unleashed when they figured out how to make Sonic work in 3d. And even then the Sonic levels were only 1/3 of the game. Colors and Generations got it right for the entirety of the games. Such a shame the franchise took a giant step back with Boom! after a recent string of success. At least 2d Sonic had been chugging along just fine for the most part on the handhelds.

Anyways super excited.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
If Michael Jackson isn't involved, then I'll pass.

(Actually, this will be a nice PSN Flash Sale purchase.)

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
For 25 Years

He's collected so many bad reviews

This had better be good. Blue Hedgehog deserves better.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
You're all going to be disappointed again.

Sonic Mania might be ok.....(seriously only XB1 and PS4 release of a 16 bit looking game?!?)

But the other Sonic game (currently being called Project Sonic) coming out (also in 2017) will definitely disappoint:

Don't worry guys this one will be on PS4, XB1, PC, and NX.... That way (almost) everyone can be disappointed!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i've got to say, that this does look sweet. but probably not enough to redeem the franchise. nevertheless, looking forward to it.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
This will probably run fine on a low end gaming PC right?

That Sonic Lost Worlds for 3DS looked good and the demo was decent. Does anyone have actual experience with it? It seems like it used some inspiration from Sonic X-treme.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Im really excited for this. Well I have high hopes anyways. One of my favorite franchises as a kid.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Sonic Mania might be ok.....(seriously only XB1 and PS4 release of a 16 bit looking game?!?)

But the other Sonic game (currently being called Project Sonic) coming out (also in 2017) will definitely disappoint:

Don't worry guys this one will be on PS4, XB1, PC, and NX.... That way (almost) everyone can be disappointed!

I like how they emphasize "From Team that brought Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations"...you mean SONIC TEAM? The team that makes ALL the Sonic games?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I like how they emphasize "From Team that brought Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations"...you mean SONIC TEAM? The team that makes ALL the Sonic games?

There are two distinct studios within Sonic Team.

Dimps also makes a lot of Sonic games. All the Sonic Advance games, Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure, Sonic Colors DS, Sonic 4, the Wii and PS2 versions of Unleashed, Sonic Lost World and Generations on 3DS, etc.

Last edited:

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
This will probably run fine on a low end gaming PC right?

That Sonic Lost Worlds for 3DS looked good and the demo was decent. Does anyone have actual experience with it? It seems like it used some inspiration from Sonic X-treme.

I played Sonic Lost Worlds for the WiiU, its alright. Its not as good as Colors, it kind of loses steam after... a few levels of gameplay. If you can get it for less than $10 it would be worth it, since I don't see most being able to play the entire game unless they really love sonic.

Tech&Music

Another Striker
I'm cautiously looking forward to this game. It's being made by the same guys who made the Sonic The Hedgehog 1/2/CD releases for mobile devices, which were reviewed very positively. It's running in the same engine, Retro Engine, so I think controls and such will be quite tight. It's just a matter of them making it a bang on 16-bit era-like Sonic game, that lives up to the originals. The music is really nice, getting StH CD vibes off of it, especially Studiopolis.