Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed Demo

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Ok so I snagged the demo today and gave it a run real quick. First off, it's obvious this game is trying to cash on Mario Kart and I want you to understand that I have not played any Sonic Racing game since Sonic R on the Saturn. That being said I ran the first race, it's a Panzer Dragoon track and the music was pretty nice, but what struck me as odd was that as I was racing, sometimes the game would freeze for a second. I find this unacceptable even in a demo.
The graphics themselves are a mixed bag, the backgrounds looked decent enough but the character models are a little lacking. This game does not feel like a retail release game and should be no more than 15 bucks, or rather a eShop game at best. Unless you have to have this game due to it being a Sonic portable racing game, I would stay very far away. Most people may already know this but I would rather you NOT waste the time for the download to find out. Oh well.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up bud. Between the excellent Mario Kart 7 and Ridge Racer 3D, there really isn't any room for mediocre racing game on the 3DS...so yeah, I'ma gonna pass...

Interestingly enough though...I tried the Wii U demo awhile back and thought it was ok...not purchase-worthy, but ok...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Just get it on consoles (or even better: PC) because it's actually a very good game.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Just get it on consoles (or even better: PC) because it's actually a very good game.
^THIS... awesome game Pandaman. Don't be put off by this 3DS business. The console/PC version is great. It's cheap now, so you should check it out.

Better than MarioKart too...

(imo)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
^THIS... awesome game Pandaman. Don't be put off by this 3DS business. The console/PC version is great. It's cheap now, so you should check it out.

Better than MarioKart too...

(imo)

Better than the last Mario Kart I played, that's for sure.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Yet another Mario Kart rip off just like Crash Team Racing was for the Playstation?