Some of my stuff from my Sketch Book - Pencil And Paper - 56k Beware

Curt

apostate
I'm almost frightened to see what the reaction will be since, I am a lovable topic of flaming.. but here's some stuff from my Sketch book, some recent, some very old... All sketches were done on Artbook paper with, lead pencil, charcoal, or graphite... They're all B/w and heavily shaded, because thats the style i'm currently most comfortable with.... The ones that look better are my more recent stuff...
I'll start it off with 'K (kdash)
neo-Kdash1.jpg

Neo-Kdash2.jpg

Neo-kdash34.jpg

Kazuya
Neo-Kazuya.jpg

Julia
Neo-Julia.jpg

The Ikaruga Girl
neo-ikaruga.jpg

Last edited:

Curt

apostate
More...

A girl from a Alma Dema Painting
Neo-alma.jpg

A pic of a model (experiment with perspective)
neo-perspective.jpg

Rachel Leigh Cook
Neo-rachel.jpg

Orta
Neo-Orta.jpg

Some girl
Neo-Null.jpg

Pat Bateman
Neo-Patbateman.jpg

Ryu/Ken (arranged to be like a VS matchup screen in SFIII)
Neo-Ryu-ken.jpg

Last edited:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Pretty good, I liked Orta very much, though you should try to "create" more and not copy other art (unless that is your only goeal, that is).

Curt

apostate
Mushiki said:
Pretty good, I liked Orta very much, though you should try to "create" more and not copy other art (unless that is your only goeal, that is).

Yes I agree, I originally started off "copying" off of art I like...

But My later stuff... Is people I know, my girlfriend, Random creations etc..... But I don't want to post those....

- I like to capture certaina artist's styles. Or just see what they would look like in my style.... (the Pencil/Paper look)

Last edited:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Why not? You should post that, not everything, but at least some.

- btw, your PM box seems to be full.

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
keep at it man.........

Mushiki said:

Agreed there Mushiki..........Copying art as opposed to creating ones own is frowned upon very much- to start out I can understand where you are coming from, but quickly break out of "the habit" as soon as you can...........:)

CurtWrx when drawing, try to break down objects into shapes, and build them from there,that is probably the easiest way to start off- grabbing an anatomy book to help work with proportions will help as well, since you like to draw faces/portraits, accurate measurements are very important as well in order to catch the liknesses of a person- keep plugging away my friend..............................cheers dude.:cool:

Curt

apostate
Re: keep at it man.........

GunstarHeroblack said:
Agreed there Mushiki..........Copying art as opposed to creating ones own is frowned upon very much- to start out I can understand where you are coming from, but quickly break out of "the habit" as soon as you can...........:)

CurtWrx when drawing, try to break down objects into shapes, and build them from there,that is probably the easiest way to start off- grabbing an anatomy book to help work with proportions will help as well, since you like to draw faces/portraits, accurate measurements are very important as well in order to catch the liknesses of a person- keep plugging away my friend..............................cheers dude.:cool:

Like I said in my previoos posts... I haven't copied anything in awhile... those pix were done awhile back, and I just thought it'd be interesting to share...

Also I agree I good basis in anatomy is important... I'd also like to take some life drawing classes, I think they could help me improve.

Last edited:

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Pretty cool. Reminds me of the days when I use to copy stuff all the time. I don't really mind copying stuff, it helped me through the years. I am a self taught drawer up until now who hasn't taken a class once. Copying stuff was all I had to teach me some techniques.

But now that I am getting serious in my art career (I only drew for fun, not a serious type) I am thinking of taking a life drawing class and just drawing more than just anime characters.

Curt

apostate
Solidus Snake said:
Pretty cool. Reminds me of the days when I use to copy stuff all the time. I don't really mind copying stuff, it helped me through the years. I am a self taught drawer up until now who hasn't taken a class once. Copying stuff was all I had to teach me some techniques.

But now that I am getting serious in my art career (I only drew for fun, not a serious type) I am thinking of taking a life drawing class and just drawing more than just anime characters.

Yeah when I "copied" that stuff, I did to try and learn from it, and learn from it I did.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Curt! This stuff is good! You shoulda posted this long ago. You have a good sense of humor as evidenced by the photoshop edit (and shrugging off the flames) and you can draw very well. If you could only curb the posting just a little you might get a little more respect from the general population.

Curt

apostate
BeefJerky said:
Look Ma! No LEDs!
Seems like it's impossible to post anything without your input ;)

StickmanLoser said:
Curt! This stuff is good! You shoulda posted this long ago. You have a good sense of humor as evidenced by the photoshop edit (and shrugging off the flames) and you can draw very well. If you could only curb the posting just a little you might get a little more respect from the general population.
Curb the posting I have done,

As evidenced by my Dropping post count, when it was at the peak it was 22.5

I usually post 5 times per day or so in the forums, The AVG rate right now is 15 posts per day, and it's still averaging in my older posts en masse.....

nice art work

your style is pretty good. here are some of my sketches and what not. All are free hand and non-referenced from another picture.

This is AYANE from Dead or Alive
ayanesketchlores.jpg

This is a ninja girl that i just drew up...dont have a name for it tho...
ninjagirlsmall.jpg

Here is Mai Shiranui ... i have a few more sketches but gots to scan them...
maishiranuisketchsmall.jpg

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
angryangryasian said:
your style is pretty good. here are some of my sketches and what not. All are free hand and non-referenced from another picture.

This is AYANE from Dead or Alive
ayanesketchlores.jpg

This is a ninja girl that i just drew up...dont have a name for it tho...
ninjagirlsmall.jpg

Here is Mai Shiranui ... i have a few more sketches but gots to scan them...
maishiranuisketchsmall.jpg

Your stuff is incredible man, you should start you own thread for it. EDIT: NEVERMIND I found it

Last edited:

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
He sure does love his K'. I especially like the Ryu and Ken. And I hate Street Fighter. Nice work.