-SOLD-

Freelancer

Banned
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
SOLD!! No longer available!

I have a non-playable US Dreamcast system that I'm looking to sell. The system boots up, but won't read discs as the motor/laser appears to be out of alignment or broken. The system appears to have been dropped due to a slight scuff on the bottom of the system where the foil label is torn from the impact. The system casing itself looks to be in excellent shape and this MAY or MAY NOT be an easy fix. I can't be bothered to open and see what's wrong, so this will go to whoever gives me the best offer.

Includes the system, modem and a controller. An ideal set for someone who needs the system shell or for someone who enjoys these awful systems and wants to see if he/she can fix it.

PM me your best offer. If no offers, this is going in the garbage.

Payments by Paypal (no credit cards accepted) or Money Order only.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
PUNJABEE said:
awful systems?

Do you mean because its broken, or are you just plain ignorant?

I am guessing because its broken.

broken™ is a trademark of Todd Gill. Copyright © 2002-2003 Todd Gill. All rights reserved.

:loco:

Freelancer

Banned
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
PUNJABEE said:
awful systems?

Do you mean because its broken, or are you just plain ignorant?

Broken as in unable to read discs. I'm positive this is an easy fix. If not, then it will make a good replacement shell for anyone who needs one.

The DC is a highly overrated system and highly prone to failure. While this defective unit was not my personal system, my original system that I purchased on 9/9/99 failed in March of this year, prompting me to buy a replacement. My replacement unit's motor is starting to make funny sounds, so it's only a matter of time before this one goes as well. Being that the DC is the only system I've ever owned that's given me ANY hardware related problems, I think I am justified for having such a harsh critical opinion towards it.

Anyway, whoever wants this system, please let me know.

PUNJABEE

Banned
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Ahh. I see. I then retract my comment about your ignorance. You dislike them for a valid reason, not because "PS2 rulz".

:buttrock:

Freelancer

Banned
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
PUNJABEE said:
Ahh. I see. I then retract my comment about your ignorance. You dislike them for a valid reason, not because "PS2 rulz".

:buttrock:

You are forgiven. :) :p

Normally, I try not to bash systems, but I just can't hold back with the DC--seeing how many problems I've had with the system. Decent games, just not the most reliable hardware-wise. :(

Nakoruru

Zero's Tailor
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Freelancer said:
Broken as in unable to read discs. I'm positive this is an easy fix. If not, then it will make a good replacement shell for anyone who needs one.

The DC is a highly overrated system and highly prone to failure. While this defective unit was not my personal system, my original system that I purchased on 9/9/99 failed in March of this year, prompting me to buy a replacement. My replacement unit's motor is starting to make funny sounds, so it's only a matter of time before this one goes as well. Being that the DC is the only system I've ever owned that's given me ANY hardware related problems, I think I am justified for having such a harsh critical opinion towards it.

Anyway, whoever wants this system, please let me know.

Not to spam up your post or anything, but is this a common problem with the DC?? I've had 3 dreamcasts, and after about 1 year or so all of them started having trouble reading discs (certain ones though, Air force delta being one that was always a pain to get the system to boot up). I treat my systems with care and was suprised that all of mine started to fail not due to neglect/accidents.

Freelancer

Banned
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Nakoruru said:
Not to spam up your post or anything, but is this a common problem with the DC?? I've had 3 dreamcasts, and after about 1 year or so all of them started having trouble reading discs (certain ones though, Air force delta being one that was always a pain to get the system to boot up). I treat my systems with care and was suprised that all of mine started to fail not due to neglect/accidents.

From what I've seen and read, Dreamcast systems are notorious for developing problems with reading discs (and sometimes the controller port PCB fails). I never thought much about it until my personal system "froze" on me while playing Shenmue. Upon rebooting, I found it wouldn't read any discs.

There are various fixes and methods you can try such as religning the laser, unplugging the ribbon cable, cleaning the lens, etc, but Gamestop stores often have the systems in stock used with a warranty, so it makes more sense just to buy a replacement rather than spending the time and money to fix. I also treat my systems carefully and clean them regularly, so it was a shock to me when it failed (the only system I've ever owned that's died on me).