So...Adam Jones.(MLB)..

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Last night at Fenway, someone threw peanuts at him and called him the N-word. Local news is having a field day, obviously.

He holding a press conference and pretty much saying that Boston is a racist city to play in.

-Is it because some one got caught doing it - finally - after all these years?

-Is it because of our "society"?

-Is it because of him specifically? Does he have a reputation for being an asshole? With all the black player throughout history, I can't figure out why this incident is causing a stir.

-Is it a slow news day? What's Trump up to?

So many questions...

Spoiler:
Red Sox suck.

Baseball sucks.

Spoiler:
Celtics over Washington tonight!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
so adam jones- known for being a good guy on and off the field (and happens to be the hero of this years gold medal usa team in the wbc) encounters a racist fan. adam jones has made a couple all star teams and is a very good player. thats basically the story.

im pretty sure its making waves because jones is an all-star, a good guy, and was a big part of the wbc this year. he was the wrong guy to yell racist shit to.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
-Is it a slow news day?

It is this exactly. I saw the article on TSN, it reads "BREAKING NEWS, BLACK GUY CALLED N WORD AT SPORTS GAME" Basically, like no shit. Every black guy at a sports game gets called names.

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
I think the fact that someone physically threw peanuts at him made it gain traction.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I think the fact that someone physically threw peanuts at him made it gain traction.

Yeah. And that's probably what led to him actually going to the trouble of pointing out the guy to the cops, which also makes it a bigger story.

CC Sabathia says all black players expect racist fans when they play in Boston.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member

They throw bananas in Barcelona. They're a bit more open with their racism... Doesn't make it a better place

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Some kid in 7th grade threw peanuts at me when we were at the high school football game. I punched him in the nose and he cried and it was a big deal but come Monday things were normal again.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If adam jones didn't want to get called names, he shouldn't have shot up the strip club.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Its a typical case of morons and low hanging fruit, the media is making way too big of a deal about this...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
They throw bananas in Barcelona. They're a bit more open with their racism... Doesn't make it a better place

I believe that Real Madrid was where Eto'o was subjected to monkey chants from his fans.

Meanwhile , at this very moment CR7 is getting his anus filled with Moroccan MMA semen, and the Real Madrid fans are are trying to lick him clean.

That's why Eto'o left Real Madrid for Barca. Madrid is the most racist and vile city in all of Western Europe.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

I hate the term "The N word"...

Either you do not know what the N-word is (aka very young, or head stuck up your own ass), or you're 99% of the public and know it means "nigger". You then think "nigger" to yourself...which is bullshit because I don't often go around thinking that to myself. To reference Louis CK...you've now instantaneously and without consent, made me think of that nasty word. Thanks a ton.