SNKP announced Sister Quest for IOS/Android

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Feels like they lost it. They need to stop making ios games and make new badass games for current gen systems. They have such a deep franchise list to pull from

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Feels like they lost it. They need to stop making ios games and make new badass games for current gen systems. They have such a deep franchise list to pull from

The fact that snkp's #1 priorities seem to be mobile garbage and pachinko machines indicates that something is very wrong.

They're still capable of developing good new games (kof xiii). Maybe they don't have the capital to make something that competes with the big leaguers. Or not. Maybe they just suck. More likely that.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
This doesn't even look like a game SNK would make. The art style is way out of SNK's style. Oh how the days have changed.

Actually, this game reminds me of this obscure RPG that SNK made in 2008, the art styles are rather the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimi_no_Yusha

Last edited:

JacKc

Quiz Detective
Just look at this page on official SNK PLAYMORE site and maybe it would explain why they are focusing on IOS and Pachinko games.
Excepting porting old Neo-Geo and/or PS2 games on various platforms (IOS, Steam, Playstation store, XBOX live, etc...), nothing really exciting is coming from SNK :crying:

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

The problem is there isn't easy money to be made from those IPs anymore. Mobil apps is where all the easy bank is coming in for them.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I'd be more psyched if they brought that shitty Thai KOF moba to north america.

Just add more KOF XI characters and get rid of Buakaw (who they dickrided SO hard that he just breaks the game with his OP skills).

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Developing for current gen systems require huge investment. It's more risky because the stakes are higher than ever before.

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
Definitely SNK died a long time ago... My eyes are about to explote...

IMG_20150112_163919.jpg

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I dont have an issue with cell phone games per say its the issue that most of them look like generic shits. They're poorly made and feature no personality. Its like the best cell phone games are just ports of old console games. Why cant anyone make a console feeling game for a mobile device thats not a port?

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
SNK has completely destroyed their fanbase. They are no longer relevant.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Wow, completely missed the original announcement somehow.

I like the look of the characters, but I'm not so sure about the gameplay from what I've seen so far. Hopefully someone (who isn't biased against it) will give it a shot and post a review or some impressions. Though even if it turns out that it actually plays decently, I won't be able to try it out unless it gets ported to the Vita and/or 3DS.

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
Mo moe=mo problems. I really wish they would start releasing console games again. I know some people enjoy mobile gaming, but it has never appealed to me.