20 Year Member
cool.
looking forward to it.
it's coming out here right?
like that's stopped me getting the first ones on NGp

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I heard that now it doesn't have WiFi Internet play. Oh well - it'll still be worth playing.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
GregN. said:
I heard that now it doesn't have WiFi Internet play. Oh well - it'll still be worth playing.

WHAT

how can this game NOT have wi-fi? It's all about battling people and showing off your decks! It's not like it's a difficult game to do online, lag isn't an issue at all! Although I guess having someone drop on you after a long, intense match wouldn't be cool...

meh, this really kills a lot of my desire for the game if this is true.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
WTF. No wifi. Where did you hear this.

Im cancelling my preorder right away if it is true

barf

Maxima's Barber
wizkid007 said:
WTF. No wifi. Where did you hear this.

Im cancelling my preorder right away if it is true

snk20.jpg

The second option is correspondance/communication mode ... but well ... maybe only ad hoc ...

edit:anyway the game is 1-2players wireless (so i highly doubt it features any sort of long range wifi connectivity with lobby and everything)

Last edited:

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Man. WTF.

I had the highest hopes for this game. I spent probably a good 200 hours on the last one. I cant believe this. Im writing SNFuckfaceK a really shitty letter when I get home. WTF is deal. Im not pleased at all.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
barf said:
snk20.jpg

The second option is correspondance/communication mode ... but well ... maybe only ad hoc ...

edit:anyway the game is 1-2players wireless (so i highly doubt it features any sort of long range wifi connectivity with lobby and everything)

I dunno man, if you look at the Mario Kart, the options available was 'Multiplayer Battle,' and under that there were the Wi-Fi battles and the wireless battles. I would say that it's too early for speculation.

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
We'll maybe know next month... anyone else spot it says 14th December on the site? I'm assuming that's the current scheduled release date...

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
is there a way to play other than wifi?
i mean i don't remember the ds having a link cable,
all the games from the beginning have been wireless 2p

wizkid007

20 Year Member
I wrote them so hopefully I will get a response.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
rarehero said:
is there a way to play other than wifi?
i mean i don't remember the ds having a link cable,
all the games from the beginning have been wireless 2p
I think you misunderstand them. They are saying that it will have a wireless two player mode, but may not contain a mode for internet play over Nintendo's wireless network.

I've put in my pre-order and I'll probably stick to it regaurdless of the outcome, but I am\was really interested in playing you guys over teh WiFi.

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I don't recall them ever officially saying the game would include a Wifi mode.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If this comes out in English I'd consider it, since I loved the NGPC's CFC. If it definitely has internet play though then I'm getting it for sure.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Last edited:

wizkid007

20 Year Member
GregN. said:

Still waiting on your source greg. Im in manic mode and need to know as I already have emailed them.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Now Loading said:
I don't recall them ever officially saying the game would include a Wifi mode.

Ack I dont know. I guess they didnt make an official announcement but then again if it was in the plans I dont know if they would. I think the president saying something on record would be official enough. But then again maybe not.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
There's a posting at The-nextlevel.com from Play editor Shidoshi who interviewed someone at SNK and he had this to say:

Shidoshi said:
Said this over at GAF, I'll say it here: it is not confirmed.

I asked the same question, and got the same answer. I then asked again to make sure he understood what I was asking, and specifically asked if that was local play WiFi or internet WiFi. He didn't know. None of the SNK folks there could give me a solid answer either way, and told me they would have to find out.

Thus, again, there is absolutely no confirmation on it being online.

So I guess the official answer is that it isn't confirmed, and from what you can tell from the JP site is that it's simply "WiFi". It does mention specifically whether it's local or infrastructure WiFi. I guess we'll know when the JP version comes out.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Well that is somewhat reassuring.

At least we got confirmation from a higher up.

Maybe the guy who was being interviewed didnt actually know and didnt want to say ether way.

Im just hoping for a wifi release.

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
that would be a pretty big downer for me if it didnt have wireless mode but id still buy it. however i would wait for the US release rather than import it if thats the case