SMS2VGA - A Master System and Genesis Model 1 VGA Adapter

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
I got around to building the console VGA dongles created by Jeff Chen and loved them so much I wanted to design one for my SMS and MD1. The original creator of these dongles doesn't have any plans for making an 8 DIN 262 or 270 variant so I went ahead and made both, however I will only be releasing the 262 version until I can find a better way using available 270 connectors. This is still a WIP but the barebones are done and I am waiting on PCBs to test the design and create the 3D printed enclosure.
Circuit boards should be here soon so I will update the Github with photos and more detailed instructions when I can.

SC-ULTRA

n00b
Awesome, were you ever able to test? I put together the Mega Drive 9DIN2VGA for a minigun. Works great. I plan on doing all the rest for my consoles and didn't realize he hadn't made one for Model 1/MD. Thanks for your work on this!
t0PC8iL7.jpg

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
I've made it and it works well, seems like my SMS1 has a bit of interference on the audio line. Not sure why but it's not on my Genesis 1 so I think it may just be an issue with grabbing audio from the DIN connector. The housing I made is still a bit fiddly so I am working on improving the tolerance on it.