Slimline NGPC is awesome

Lucent Beam

Armored Scrum Object
Kickass.

My Slimline came on Friday. I'm suprised at how different it actually is from the regular NGPC. It looks like it's not that much different, but then the edges so much more curved... it feels way better to hold. Plus the blue camo looks pretty sweet.

I'm definitely content.

Do most of you have the regular NGPC or Slimlines?

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I've owned 2 NGPC's so far. Someday I'll trade for a slimline.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
I own a slimline. Ive owned about 8 NGPCs. I personally like the original better. I feel it fits in my hands better.

I do like the battery cover on the slimline though as it is removable unlike the one on the original.

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have the regular NGPC. I would like to find a new slim line one though.

Kjcos_999

Overtop Pathfinder
The slimline is much better, it's louder and brighter (or is that just me?)

I have far too many different NGPC's but I always seem to play on the slimlines now.

And, it's already been mentioned but, the battery covers are so much better than the originals.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Yeah, they're definitely cool. I don't have one, though. I would like to get one.

boogiepop

Quiz Detective
I've got one of the originals. Don't bother stocking up on batteries much. Those things last f o r e v e r

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Lucent Beam said:
Kickass.

My Slimline came on Friday. I'm suprised at how different it actually is from the regular NGPC. It looks like it's not that much different, but then the edges so much more curved... it feels way better to hold. Plus the blue camo looks pretty sweet.

I'm definitely content.

Do most of you have the regular NGPC or Slimlines?
The Slimline is really awesome and now I know that for a fact! :)

I hope you enjoy your slimline and all the games you are going to get real soon!!!!! And I also imagine there will be more games available to you to play even after those 24 come in. ;)

klargon

n00b
I've currently got 3 standard ones, but I must have been through over 10. My crystal white slimline (bought from ckchan off this forum) was the pride of my collection, but I sold it by mistake :spock:

Slimlines are great. Much nicer to hold and the stick on mine was quieter - which im sure was nicer for people around me. I need another, but prices are fairly high at the moment.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I love my NGPCs. I got 3 slimlines and 2 regular NGPCs. They both feel great but I like the sleekness of the slimline.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I bought one from bokmeow, I don't know if it's the Slimeline or not...

neoxerxes

n00b
I own about half a dozen NGPCs and it wasn't until getting involved with this forum that I started to realise that there was such a thing. A while back I got a (black and white) NGP and played with that for a bit, and got used to how slimline it was. And then I got a few NGPCs and man, they were chunky. Now, how would one actually differentiate (according to its box) an original to the slimline editions? Did they actually appear outside of Japan? I haven't seem to come across one before. Are the NGPC slimline models basically the same dimensions as their black and white counterparts?

Last edited:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
i'm going to post some love for the NGPC also

4 slimlines in the house and 60+ games (multiples of the important ones) because with that many NGPC's you HAVE to own a link cable :glee:

i take 2 to work and force one of my coworkers to get a beat down fairly regularily. i take one hunting (click stick is a bit loud for this, but gloves tend to mute the sound) and generally anywhere i go where i might have to wait.

almost beat bimotor unitron last night at work -- satanachia!!!

owned this game for close to a year, and just started playing it for the first time on sunday morning.

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
i have both but pretty much exclusively play the slimline. in fact the stick has gotten pretty loose on the slimline so it will probably be broken completely if i play it much more.

Lucent Beam

Armored Scrum Object
neoxerxes said:
I own about half a dozen NGPCs and it wasn't until getting involved with this forum that I started to realise that there was such a thing. A while back I got a (black and white) NGP and played with that for a bit, and got used to how slimline it was. And then I got a few NGPCs and man, they were chunky. Now, how would one actually differentiate (according to its box) an original to the slimline editions? Did they actually appear outside of Japan? I haven't seem to come across one before. Are the NGPC slimline models basically the same dimensions as their black and white counterparts?

Cursive vs. print on the word Color written on the system. Print = original, cursive = Slimline.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
darkkrisp said:
I have the regular NGPC. I would like to find a new slim line one though.
Yo, I got crystal (clear) and solid silver, take your pick. I'll sell you whichever one you want. PM my ass!
Aaron D said:
Yeah, they're definitely cool. I don't have one, though. I would like to get one.
That offer is directed at you too dude!

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
If anyone wants to trade me a slim, I have quite a few NGCD games I would give up for one. PM me if interested, I will defintiely hook you up. :)

klargon

n00b
Managed to get a couple of Slimlines now. Got a crystal blue from ckchan that looks really nice, and what appears to be a pearl blue unit from ebay quite cheap. I have to decide which one to keep now...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What is a NGPC doing in the DS Vs. PSP forum?

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
norton9478 said:
What is a NGPC doing in the DS Vs. PSP forum?

:lolz:

i forgot...we no longer have a neo pocket forum...how silly of me