Silent Hill Origin is out!

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
The game is out (shipping to stores now, as well as floating on the net).

Who plans to pick up this game, play in the dark with headphones and scare the shit out of them selfs?
:)

Dear god please let it not be a week late in canada (like castlevania was).

Grimspoon

New Challenger
I actually got tired of waiting for stores to stock Dracula X (and Disgaea) so I went and hopped the border and picked the games up in Michigan.

The dude at gamestop even gave me the Dracula X pre-order bonus without having pre-ordered!

I may have to make another run for the border!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Honestly, I want to be optimistic about this game, but I'll probably wait for reviews.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
subbie said:
Dear god please let it not be a week late in canada (like castlevania was).
Don't many games in Canada generally come out a week later?
/tangent

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Grimspoon said:
I actually got tired of waiting for stores to stock Dracula X (and Disgaea) so I went and hopped the border and picked the games up in Michigan.

The dude at gamestop even gave me the Dracula X pre-order bonus without having pre-ordered!

I may have to make another run for the border!

my local EB in montreal got the pre-order bonus and was giving them out to any who bought the game (so me and a friend got them).

Konami really dropped the ball on that. The game showed up on hallowene in montreal. :(

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
LoneSage said:
Don't many games in Canada generally come out a week later?
/tangent

Depends on the publisher.
Some it's same week (hell i found medal of honor PSP in canada the day it was supost to be shipping to retail). Some it's a week later due to waiting for the french manuals.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I plan to pick up Silent Hill: Origins w/ Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles as soon as I have the money. :)

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
gonna go pick up my preordered copy tommorow. Funny, the guy originally told me Monday, then Tuesday, and now "Wendsday for sure man!"

Hoping for the best, although destructable weapons is ghey

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
SouthtownKid said:
Honestly, I want to be optimistic about this game, but I'll probably wait for reviews.

I think it looks pretty good now. I remember when they originally showed the game though, the version that looked like they were trying to rip off RE4. That looked like crap.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Yeah, it did look like crap. the enemies looked too cut and paste in the environments. Apparently the weapons are made to break in this game, that may piss me off. One review I read in a magazine said a metal pipe broke after only a few uses.
I may not like that seeing how I my favorite weapon in the series is the plank and nail.

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
Orderd mine as it doesn't come out over here in the UK until the 16th although by the time it makes it across the pond itl probably land at the same time!

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Aw man the metal pipe breaks?
hisuidanceng0.gif

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
May have to pick this up on wedsday, should be great. more a resi guy but its portable horror which is always a good thing.

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I am really liking this game, great score. I just finished the hospital, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The weapons breaking is not as bad as I thought it would be.

Was it just me, or are there like only 4 health things? I was running around on red for a great portion of the leve.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
If that's the only complaint, then I'll have to get it. Only used one health item in the first game, and none in 2.

Reality Check

World Hero
I brought this game along with Castlevania yesterday. I'm really liking it. The destructible weapons ain't too bad. I've found plenty of melee weapons and they last for a decent amount of time. My only complaint is that save points are too far apart. This is on a portable. Being able to save shouldn't be difficult :mad:

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I just picked the game up yesterday. I made it through the hospital last night before I went to bed…… I had some really fucked up dreams last night.... so far the game is good.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Reality Check said:
I brought this game along with Castlevania yesterday. I'm really liking it. The destructible weapons ain't too bad. I've found plenty of melee weapons and they last for a decent amount of time. My only complaint is that save points are too far apart. This is on a portable. Being able to save shouldn't be difficult :mad:

I agree.

Otherwise, it's mindblowing to me that a game like this is on a handheld. PSP has really delivered IMO. DS + PSP is the best generation of handhelds ever, and I've seen them all since the original GB.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Played about two hours last night, lovely lovely title.

Playing with the light out and headphones on is very cool as the headphones give much more audio atmosphere.

Enemies are not the dummies we're used to but now are more aggressive and decide they want to give chase often. Through the first four games I took pride in slaughtering all the enemies but for this title bailing and avoiding fights makes sense.

Exploring the Sanitarium now, enjoying it in spite of the narrow hallways.

Fans of Silent Hill (PSOne) will enjoy this title.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Wow, this game is good, and pretty ******* scary too.

I can't really go into any detail without giving out spoilers, but last night I was playing in the sack with the lights out and the headphones on (like you do) and there was this one room in the sanitarium that just freaked me out so much that I couldn't stand it and had get the hell out of there. All that, and I couldn't even see what was in there - it was all done with the sound and the camera angle.

After a minute or two I plucked up the courage to go back in there and kick the nasty's ass.

Audio and visual in this game is awesome. Never thought they could pull a portable Silent Hill off, but they have done. So far this ranks with the best of them in terms of atmosphere and all-out creepiness.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Already completed the game twice. :emb:

Two of the three endings I've seen, I like the accolades and the extra options (extra blood makes me happy). Going through again to get Butcher right now. :mad:

masschamber

NEST Puppet
15 Year Member
I've liked it so far (unfortunately I let my brother borrow my psp)
but man I think the melee weapon system is idiotic seriously, first of all why on earth are there portable TV's lying around all over the place and second what was the point, they give you so many melee weapons that the idea of having to conserve them is almost a moot point, and finally what were they going for realism? this here sledge hammer gets three swings, fortunately you can carry 80 at once

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Finally got all three endings. :emb:

The Tesla rifle makes for one fun run through, I also dig the moon gauntlets. Getting the butcher accolade is pretty rad, I love the cleaver.

I'm mostly done for now, but this is one title I'll come back to.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I'm finally out of the motel, after getting stuck in there and almost giving up and going off to find a FAQ, when the last attempt I had worked and got me through.

Now on to what I guess is the last boss. Should have it beaten tonight. Got a heap of weapons, but not a lot of health items left (mainly due to spending so much time wandering around the motel).

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I beat the game that other day and I wish that it was alot longer. Well Silent Hill 5 is coming. :)

Keep the flashlight off in dark places so that it won't attract enemies. :)