Should I buy one?

ray_7

Guys, i'm confused whether i should get a hyper setup or not now.

can you guys tell me good reasons for me to get one? (games, playability, etc.)

thanks!

SNK_NEOGEO_FREAK

Rugal's Thug
I've enjoyed mine a lot since I've had it, and was really looking forward to playing the other HYPER games. Some people love it, some hate it..
I guess just like with anything really..

I think it could have done well if SNK stuck with it... Was very, very odd the 1st time playing it though, as I'm so used to the NEO 2D style!

I'm only trying to sell mine now as I really need the money badly and would rather part with it than anything in my MVS collection.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
I have fun with mine. It's to bad SNK didn't support it with some 2D games as well at launch it could definetly handle it.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by EvilMike:
<strong>I have fun with mine. It's to bad SNK didn't support it with some 2D games as well at launch it could definetly handle it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've started thinking about getting one but I'll probably wait until I complete my NGPC and MVS collection first.

BTW, how is FF: WA so far? That's the game I was really interested in the system for.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I'd say no.

There's only 4/5 games playable on a regular cab/supergun, and the coolest games available are Xtreme Rally and Road's Edge. Both are racers, they need a dedicated cab to be played.

It's sad, quite a powerful piece of hardware for it's time. ;)

ray_7

Regarding SS64/SS64 2, is it THAT slow?

I mean, when you play it is it slower than the likes of, say, Dragon Ball GT on PS??? Or is it way better than that?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
It's not slow at all. It plays at "real" speed. The SS series is not for people who play KoF all the time.

Emperor

New Challenger
One really big reason that it's not expensive at all. Rather cheap. Really worth every penny you will spend on it. Personally, I enjoyed Buriki more than VF4 on Naomi.

ray_7

Thanks for the positive comments guys, now I just need to find myself a supergun first before I can get a Hyper board.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
The SS64 games are well worth the relatively low cost of the Hyper board. Worth the big layout for the supergun...? Probably not. But the supergun is more of an investment. You can always use it with an MVS board or CPS2 or whatnot. I certainly don't regret getting mine.

As for the speed of the SS64 games, they're certainly slower than your average KOF game. I'd put them as being a little bit slower than, say, LB2. Not bad at all, but I wouldn't switch to them immediately after playing KOF98 or something.

-Deuce

X-death

Raiden's Valet
I don't think that you should get one. I don't really like them that much.