Sengoku 3 buy or bust?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
advice - do not play on default difficulty.

put it at 8. It's not unbearably hard. I think the difficulty meter should have been called diversity.

basically the more difficult you set it, the more variety of enemies you face.
I've heard that before, but I have yet to try it... Is it just an assortment of the same badies or are there a few new ones thrown in. I am just guessing it spices up the battles with more and more assorted badies at any one time. I need to track down a board and try it.

-Nick

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I never played 1&2, but I really enjoyed 3. I preordered it and I was not dissapointed. I loved the characters, music and the combo system was great.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I don't see why people are so down on Sengoku 3. No, its not exactly a ground breaking title. No it's not the best Neo game in existance, but none the less it is a damn good game. The animation is tight, the music rocks and the gameplay is smooth. Yes, the game does get repetitive, but that happens with almost ever side scrolling brawler out there. I really enjoy the Sengoku games and I think that 3 is a great addition to the series. 2 is still tops.

Mike

BIG

sony fanboy
I second that,Mr.Yagami.I want Sengoku 3 MVS,and I want it NOW!

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
B.I.GPSYCHE:
I second that,Mr.Yagami.I want Sengoku 3 MVS,and I want it NOW!
You will not be disappointed. Pay special attention the the fine animation of Okuni!

Mike

BIG

sony fanboy
I've always liked the Sengoku Series and now, I need to get the third to complete the trilogy.It's going to be hard to track down Sengoku 2 MVS,though.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
nruva:
I've heard that before, but I have yet to try it... Is it just an assortment of the same badies or are there a few new ones thrown in. I am just guessing it spices up the battles with more and more assorted badies at any one time. I need to track down a board and try it.

-Nick
I tried it and you'll see a lot more of certain enemies on the hardest mode. There are just tons of all the different enemy types showing up all the time on level 8. I don't think it made the game more fun though.

As for the original question, I'd say BUY. It's a really good beat em up. I like it a lot better than the previous two. Of course there exist better ones out there, but if you like the genre then this is also worthy.

BIG

sony fanboy
Is it true that the MVS kit DOES NOT come with mini-marquee?I got a price quote of$ 72 shipped,and the guy said the distributor NEVER made mini-marquees for it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
This is the best beat-em-up on the Neo, but that isn't saying much, as there aren't really that many of these types of games for the Neo. (The others being Burning Fight, Robo Army, and Mutation Nation).

I'd say it's definitely worth it. It's no Aliens Vs. Predator or Dynasty Warriors, but it's a good addition to your Neo collection.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
I have a MVS copy, which I purchased for $ 70.00. It was well worth the cash.

Huge characters, decent combo system for a beat em up, and just a good dose of old school fun. It is much more enjoyable when you have 2 players, easier as well.

I recommend it, as it may be the last side scrolling beat em up to come out on the Neo.

It rocks! buttrock buttrock

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I have it on AES and I'd rather say "BUYST" . eheh!

It's an addictive game, but if you play alone it's barely enjoyable if you ask.

I love the music and the graphics, but this game could have had more potential. wink