Saturn to DC converter

thundr51

Bead Banger
Unfortunately my Saturn to DC converter that allowed me to use my twinsticks on DC VOOT has died, anybody know where I can get another, or better yet know if I can fix the one I have.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My converter has also died out. What cheap piece of shit. I have heard of many others having similar problems. Does anyone know what is up? Is it that they are just made poorly?

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
Here's asking a stupid question. Did you goys plug them in with the DC on? The Total Control and many other third parties have a really bad rep for either burning out themselves, or even the control ports on the system itself. Places like NCSXand Lik=sang even sell/repair the little controller input boards inside the DC since it is such a problem. And eveybody thought it was a joke when companies told you third party products could harm your machine.....

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by gokusama26:
<STRONG>Here's asking a stupid question. Did you goys plug them in with the DC on? The Total Control and many other third parties have a really bad rep for either burning out themselves, or even the control ports on the system itself. Places like NCSXand Lik=sang even sell/repair the little controller input boards inside the DC since it is such a problem. And eveybody thought it was a joke when companies told you third party products could harm your machine.....</STRONG>

You should never plug in a pad while a system is on no matter what system it is. The total control with eat your ports alive if you try that maneuver on it. Make sure your system is off.

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
Originally posted by koolking:
<STRONG>Wait a sec you can do that?</STRONG>

Oh yeah, but I wouldn't advise it. It'll make a really cool loud popping noise once, and your controllers and internal clock will never work again.

Depending on the situation, you might get a little puff of smoke, ne?