Samurai Shodown 2 Classic-Shock Alternative

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I received my MVS cart a week ago and it was something I said (to myself) I would not do: Double up on a game (owning an AES and MVS of the same title.

Well I did it with 2 games : Samurai Shodown and Samurai Shodown 2.

I did not want to have the exact same insert on the shelf twice so I thought about trying at making an all-new design for the MVS cart (CLASSIC-SHOCK STYLE!).

Here's my go at it: (There is still another art source I am considering for the Cover.)

sams2-copy.jpg

Close-Up of the Front
Click me!

Close-up of the back
Click me!

For this version of Samurai Shodown 2, I included the subtitle "Haomaru in the Underworld". I noticed it in the manual and thought it would be neat to drop that in.

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Updated the insert. Focus on Haomaru and Genjuro fightscene. AMAKUSA removed (for obvious reasons - not featured in SS2) Those bosses all look alike to me. -thanks SnairDogg for bringing it to my attention.

buster_broon

The Rock,
very nice

shame thy didnt apply the manuals artwork on the inset originally

instead of having hoahmaru's heed

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I'm just too in love with the original cover however,I would have enlarged the the illustration cutting off some of their body,I bascially would have zoomed in more. I love the back cover and may have to steal that layout from you in the future.
Right now I am trying to finish up this KOF 99 back cover which needed heavy editing (SIGH), once I get over that hump,I'll be moving right along with my releases.
-BB

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
I would have enlarged the the illustration cutting off some of their body,I bascially would have zoomed in more.
-BB

I hear you man, I should have thought about it myself. A formula all so familiar B-Cubed! Bigger - Badder - Better.
ss2bbbf.jpg

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Neon_Sonic said:
I like it a lot. I take it you were going for an Engrish back cover?

no, tell me the mistakes and ill fix them before posting. I did notice a mistake in the punctuation in the first sentence.

I took the description straight out of the manual, i have no interest in Engrish so prease proint out teh msitaeks.

EDIT* looked through the back and corrected what I found

check this out and tell me if its cool
No ENgrish?

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
I hear you man, I should have thought about it myself. A formula all so familiar B-Cubed! Bigger - Badder - Better.
ss2bbbf.jpg
Now that's what I'm talking about! ;)
I probably would have made it even larger and adjusted the perspective abit but you get what I was stating..
-BB

Last edited:

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
NeoCverA said:
no, tell me the mistakes and ill fix them before posting. I did notice a mistake in the punctuation in the first sentence.

I took the description straight out of the manual, i have no interest in Engrish so prease proint out teh msitaeks.

EDIT* looked through the back and corrected what I found

check this out and tell me if its cool
No ENgrish?

Well, if you wanted to be really anal, you are supposed to start a new paragraph every time there's a new speaker ("Never!"). I don't really like dialogue on a back cover at all, though. What ever happened to the cheesy, dramatic paragraphs or two?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I was more concerned with spelling errors. As I mentioned earlier, the text used in the back comes directly from the AES manual and most people would never have seen this unless they own the AES cart/manual so I figured I'd drop it on the back.

Thanks for everyones feedback, replies.
:)

Last edited: