Ryu vs Ken

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
i always think of ryu as 50/50 balance player and ken as 40/60( defence/offence)
on the SF2 series

JONESGFX

Crazed MVS Addict
You guys are talking my language now. SF!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)

In the eariler SF's to me Ken shined like a star. He is borderline unstoppable under the correct guidance, but there are many characters that when mastered are unstoppable as well. Zangief is amazingly evil with the screw driver and the three button press spin(lariet maybe?_ forget what its name is actually called) . Dhalsim when played offernsively defensive correctly can send a ryu or ken master home crying.. Guile was straight gangsta. Ever since SF Turbo has been watered down badly for what reason i dont know, but it has. I loved the chain combo's from alpha 1, a true skill combo at its best, i was sad to see that removed from the alpha's. SF 3 series brought the parry in which literally opens the playing field back up and makes you relearn the game, for that reason alone its amazing. In 3 my fav character is RYU by far. my rankings of SF games are

1) Street Fighter 2 Turbo Hyper Fighting
2) Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike
3) Street Fighter Alpha 1

to me those are the best of series.

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
JONESGFX said:
You guys are talking my language now. SF!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)

I loved the chain combo's from alpha 1, a true skill combo at its best, i was sad to see that removed from the alpha's.

I thought that chain combos RUINED SFA1. Ever play vs an expert Guy player in Alpha 1??

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I just got a new saturn hori stick today so I played turbo for the first time in a while. I only picked ryu. Man I suck, I used to be a lot better, some practice is needed. I think I'm gonna play it right now.