Russian assetization of journalists foiled by Facebook

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/09/01/facebook-disinformation-takedown/

One of the journalists who wrote columns for Peace Data, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to protect his career, said that an editor reached out to him through a direct message on Twitter in July offering $200 per article.

He pursued the opportunity in part because he had lost his job in the pandemic. He wrote articles about the conspiracy movement QAnon, covid, and on U.S. militarism driving climate change.

I would love to see the list of journalists who were recruited here. I have a suspicion we would see Max Blumenthal at the top of their list.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I cannot get through to the article because of a pay wall, but has it been proven that the #SaveTheChildren is a hoax perpetuated by the Russians?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I cannot get through to the article because of a pay wall, but has it been proven that the #SaveTheChildren is a hoax perpetuated by the Russians?

there's a site called outline.com. copy and past the wapo link there to get past the pay wall.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
there's a site called outline.com. copy and past the wapo link there to get past the pay wall.

I have five browsers on my computer to try and pen different pages.

Meh I read a similar article recently and since the groups were somewhat new and only had 14k members it kind of made the headline seem underwhelming.

HA they also busted a Washington group targeting Latin America. Mexico too. Why, they seem to be coming up right now and everybody appears to be happy with the new president. I don't know if anyone liked Niento. Now Fox is really someone I'd like to drink a beer with, he's freakin cool. That war on drugs though...Mexico was the deadliest place on Earth for several years running.

Oh man you gotta watch this

I don't see anything much about #savethechildren. I Googled it though and there is an actual organization that does good and has been around for 100 over years with the name and they don't seem to be happy about all the conspiracy theories.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have five browsers on my computer to try and pen different pages.

Meh I read a similar article recently and since the groups were somewhat new and only had 14k members it kind of made the headline seem underwhelming.

HA they also busted a Washington group targeting Latin America. Mexico too. Why, they seem to be coming up right now and everybody appears to be happy with the new president. I don't know if anyone liked Niento. Now Fox is really someone I'd like to drink a beer with, he's freakin cool. That war on drugs though...Mexico was the deadliest place on Earth for several years running.

Oh man you gotta watch this

I don't see anything much about #savethechildren. I Googled it though and there is an actual organization that does good and has been around for 100 over years with the name and they don't seem to be happy about all the conspiracy theories.

That was a lot of condensed fun. Could have broken it up into 10 30 second spots with all those jokes.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
That was a lot of condensed fun. Could have broken it up into 10 30 second spots with all those jokes.

I saw a spot a few days ago with just the hats, it's what I was looking for but found that instead. Come to find out it's a couple years old, maybe I saw it before.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Thank you for the link, wasabi. That'll definitely come in handy when I went to open more Columbus Dispatch articles.

I was skeptical about the #SaveTheChildren conspiracy theory, I wanted to know what others thought about it since I couldn't find any information on it.