Ron

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I've been playing through some of the more recent KOF's, and I'm still trying to figure out who Ron exactly is. I know he has some connection to Lin, and Duo Lon went to go look for him in the KOF 2003 ending. Ron's striker attack looks alot like one of Duo Lon's moves. (PS2 port) I think he might also be after Bao as well? Any information would be appreciated.

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
snesaes said:
I've been playing through some of the more recent KOF's, and I'm still trying to figure out who Ron exactly is. I know he has some connection to Lin, and Duo Lon went to go look for him in the KOF 2003 ending. Ron's striker attack looks alot like one of Duo Lon's moves. (PS2 port) I think he might also be after Bao as well? Any information would be appreciated.

This whole Ron/Long thing goes back to KoF 2000. It starts with Seth fighting Lin and before Lin was about to hit Seth with his poison palm. Seth told him, "Do you know where your Master Ron is???" It eventually reveals that the Master of the Hizoku Clan, Ron was missing for quite a while leaving the Hizoku Clan in chaos. At the end of 2000, it reveals Ron joined the NESTS Cartel for more power. (See Benimaru Team Ending). In 2001, Lin follows K', Maxima, and Whip to find out the whereabouts of Ron. It would eventually lead to a battle between Lin and Ron. While K' and the others are fighting Original Zero, Lin is left to deal with Ron. When Zero's ship explodes, Ron escapes. At the end of 2001, Lin looks towards the horizon know Ron is still alive. (See Hero Team Ending) Meanwhile, Ron and Misty are surveying the Psycho Soldiers. Seems that Bao detects Ron, but not sure. Anyway, Ron goes on to talk about the Dragon Spirit. So it seems that Ron may have been using NESTS to find the Dragon Spirit. Bao also goes on about it being in Kensou. Well, IMHO, the way the ending went it seemed Bao joined the Psycho Soldiers to protect Kensou, or more like the power of the Dragon Spirit. I wonder, if Duo Lon recieved Lin's report and he is continuing the investigation that Lin started.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
wow, excellent stuff, Sticks. I knew about the the 2000 part already, but I lost track of what happened afterward.

that summerizes the whole Dragon Spirit story pretty nicely.

thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
k'_127 said:
wow, excellent stuff, Sticks. I knew about the the 2000 part already, but I lost track of what happened afterward.

that summerizes the whole Dragon Spirit story pretty nicely.

thanks for the info.

The whole Dragon Spirit thing is the one I'm keeping tabs one because just the way Eolith set it up. Man, it feels like it will be the name of this saga. However, why does Ash needs Chizuru's power, who know. What even more mysterious is why Ash has connections to Duo Lon, who happens to be a part of the Hizoku Clan. Not to mention, Chin asking from help from the Ikari Warriors and the Former NESTS Agents.