RIP Mikhail Gorbachev

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
My take away from this is we need to bomb Russia in to freedom.

Or rather Russia needed a uh firm guiding hand in setting up democratic institutions.
Do you tell your neighbors how to run their household? Consider applying the same approach to other countries because neither are your concern.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Finally caught that cab with Marylin and Dracula.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
My take away from this is we need to bomb Russia in to freedom.

Or rather Russia needed a uh firm guiding hand in setting up democratic institutions.
I think the difference is, like you hinted at, we simultaneously occupied Japan while we helped them rebuild after the war.
We were there to hold their hand while we gave lessons on how to be democratic.
It helps that they embraced it along with assimilating big chunks of Western culture along the way.
Even 20 years down the road enough Russians remembered the "good old days" and never fully embraced the "new ways".

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Russia ended Serfdom in 1861, oof. I’m quite certain also the standard of living for even peasants under the Empire of Japan was far superior to the Russian Empire and subsequently the Soviet Union. I don’t know though.

Probably best to drop some freedom bombs.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Should’ve dropped a third nuclear bomb on Moscow, a fourth on Petrograd, and rearmed the Wehrmacht to fight the Soviets in 1945.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Should’ve dropped a third nuclear bomb on Moscow, a fourth on Petrograd, and rearmed the Wehrmacht to fight the Soviets in 1945.
Should've dropped the nuke the moment the soviets refused to return territory taken during wartime.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hasn't even been 100 years since we nuked a city. We have literally the rest of time to wait for someone to nuke the Earth. What a shame it will happen during the time of my descendants, who will long have forgotten the name of their venerable ancestor by that time.

Reactions: SML

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
There actually were plans of a joint Wehrmacht-US Army strike against the Red Army that was about to seize Berlin but that would have been a breach of agreement between the Allies made during the Yalta and Potsdam conferences. What's more, most US military leaders except for a few hot-headed generals gladly left the house-to-house urban fighting in Berlin to the Russians.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
1 in 4 people will be descended from LoneSage by then.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Russia ended Serfdom in 1861, oof. I’m quite certain also the standard of living for even peasants under the Empire of Japan was far superior to the Russian Empire and subsequently the Soviet Union. I don’t know though.

Probably best to drop some freedom bombs.

There’s not really much in common with Russians and Japanese. Not now, not in 1950, not in 1850.