Request: Eightman manual enemy descriptions?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I only ever owned the MVS cart.

Did the manual for the home cart game come with enemy or boss descriptions as was the style at the time?

I love this game, unironically, and just want to know who these bosses are. Why am I fighting the Grim Reaper on the highway. Who is that cyborg with a mustache. Etc.

Wouldn't surprise me if there aren't any boss or enemy descriptions in the manual, though. What a strange , fun little game.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The bosses at least are characters from the manga. I mentioned them in the video I made about the game. They're listed here under "Character":

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I'll say no. Per the page I linked,

"As a two-player character, Ken, Eitoman's rival in the original, appears as "Nine (9) Man", but it is said that there was a complaint from the original author about this."
Yeah, I saw your video on Eightman, I'm just goofing off.
Eightman is one of the better early neo games, I'm not sure why people don't like it that much. I personally enjoy the running levels and the way they implemented the concept of a hero with superspeed into gameplay, it has some concessions for the game's sake but it still feels like you are running like hell on deserted raised highways punching and kicking every bad guy that gets in your way. Too bad there's no NGCD port.