Report: XRGB-3 on BenQ RL2455HM or RL2460HT?

thetallguy

New Challenger
(Meant to say "Repost:" in title. Maybe originally put it in the wrong forum:

Looking at buying an XRGB-3. I want to run in B1 mode for older consoles, including my CMVS, so I need to run VGA out. The BenQ monitors have VGA input, but will it work with the XRGB-3?

Anybody tried this?

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
B1 I think depends on the monitor your using. I have a Asus VG248QE 24-Inch LED-Lit Monitor that will not work in B1 mode but my crt monitor will.

thetallguy

New Challenger
B1 I think depends on the monitor your using. I have a Asus VG248QE 24-Inch LED-Lit Monitor that will not work in B1 mode but my crt monitor will.

Well I'd like to be able to use B1 mode on a modern PC monitor, preferably low input lag, like an ASUS VS239H or BenQ RL2460HT

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Is there any particular reason that you want to use a XRGB3 instead of a Framemeister? The Mini was made for those kinds of displays, the XRGB3 not so much.

thetallguy

New Challenger
Is there any particular reason that you want to use a XRGB3 instead of a Framemeister? The Mini was made for those kinds of displays, the XRGB3 not so much.

My understanding (from reading reviews like Fudoh's) is the XRGB-3 has less input lag and I can use RGB scart directly for all my RGB consoles. I also want to connect my original NES and modded Atari 2600 to it.

I like the idea of the BenQ RL2460HT because it has an HDMI out for recording with no lag and VGA input and 4:3 setting.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You're right that the XRGB3 has very low lag in B1 mode, but also keep in mind that it was designed for CRT monitors, and these new monitors will probably have to upscale the image (and thus introduce lag itself) since the 3 doesn't work in 1080p mode on most modern displays. Meanwhile, the Mini can output 1080p over HDMI with low enough lag that you probably won't be able to tell.

The only real lagless PC monitor solution is a XRGB2 with a CRT VGA monitor. And it looks badass.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The only real lagless PC monitor solution is a XRGB2 with a CRT VGA monitor. And it looks badass.

Tru Dat but if your going this route, might as well just get a pvm.

thetallguy

New Challenger
Well for my purposes I need to be able to connect unmodded NES, modded Atari 7800, and RGB (SNES, CMVS, N64, Saturn, Jaguar) to a very low lag monitor with the ability to record in HD. Holding some speedrun/high score tournaments, so the less lag, the better.

That's why I was looking at the XRB-3 -> BenQ RL2460HT. XRB-3 has least lag and BenQ has 4:3 mode with HDMI out.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
You can still change the name of this thread, use the Advanced edit mode. Anyway, get a xrgb-mini as mentioned and maybe a xcapture mini or Elgado unit for the recording portion.

thetallguy

New Challenger
You can still change the name of this thread, use the Advanced edit mode. Anyway, get a xrgb-mini as mentioned and maybe a xcapture mini or Elgado unit for the recording portion.
What's the lag (in ms) difference between the Xrgb-3 and mini?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

Framemeister + Elgato is my recording setup and it works awesomely.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
What's the lag (in ms) difference between the Xrgb-3 and mini?

23ms according to the most popular mini site. As mentioned, due to the 3's output your monitor would likely have to upscale and it doesn't matter if the 3's lag is lower because the monitor will add more than the mini would. That's assuming it even works with the monitors mentioned.