Red Kof 98 US MVS Cart?

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi all,

Newbie here. I am after a copy of MVS Kof 98 and I'm seeing lots of colour variations about. Black, white and blue seem to the most common but recently I have come across a red one. I just kind of really like the red MVS shells as they are very 'MVS cab' and I was wondering if this one has a higher than normal chance of being a boot-leg? I have asked the seller to provide board pics (ebay) but I'm not going to hold my breath, he wants £55 ($91 USD).

Thanks guys :)

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
First thing first. $91 is a rip off. This game worth $40 with an english original label.

The color of the cart usually means nothing. There is many variant arround. Hell, I even own genuine pink carts! If you like the red shells, you should take a look at Korean versions. I've seen many red Shock Troopers and Real Bout 2.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Neo Dift out also came in a red variant. I've got one I got from Atro :D

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for all the tips guys, yeah I agree the price is too high and more than I'm willing to shell out for even if I do prefer the colour. I have had a look on the US ebay and can see some for $35 (blue, transparent blue) which is more like it. Almost everything in Europe is a rip-off and even retro games have inflated prices sadly.

I must admit those Korean Shock Troopers MVS carts with the red matching labels do look rather tasty!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
MANY of the RED carts come out of KOREA. There's possibly some censorship going on with some of the titles.
There are RED WHITE & BLUE English versions of KOF '98 that were all released & distributed in the US
BB

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Isn't an easy way to tell if it's a Korean red cart, it'll say SNK G? Or do all red carts say that?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Isn't an easy way to tell if it's a Korean red cart, it'll say SNK G? Or do all red carts say that?

SNK G carts are japanese ex-rentals. They have nothing to do with korea.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
for some reason, the game that I've seen the most cart color variants is kof 2002. I've seen a pink, orange, red, lime green, and a white cart color of that game.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
for some reason, the game that I've seen the most cart color variants is kof 2002. I've seen a pink, orange, red, lime green, and a white cart color of that game.

Yeah I have seen quite a few for KoF 2002, I've seen a red version in Korea, an orange US version and lime green jap version on ebay at the moment. I know some members on here prefer the Henry Ford approach of all black carts but since I'll be playing them on a cmvs I like a little colour on display:)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I like the pink MVS carts on 2002. Matches the art

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
There are RED WHITE & BLUE English versions of KOF '98 that were all released & distributed in the US
veteran-salute.jpg