Rayman DS: just Rayman 2 N64 port

barf

Maxima's Barber
framerate is not constant (that s N64 remnant :P shouldn t be a problem for those who played on that), analog substitute is the same as Mario 64 (using touch screen that is) and the bottom screen displays nothing interesting (just the game gauges).

I didn t like the game on N64, i wouldn t buy the DS for that personaly :) but i guess some others think differently. And anyway Tonk , that s one more for your collection ;)

it's clear that, even with Nintendo's extremely close port of Super Mario 64 on the handheld, the system is not quite a Nintendo 64.

rayman-ds-20050303013219096.jpg
rayman-ds-20050303013220580.jpg

rayman-ds-20050303013222377.jpg

http://ds.ign.com/articles/593/593247p1.html

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I never played the 3D raymans on 64 or any other system.

Were they bad or something?

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
What they need is a KBFD port... something worth porting at lest!

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Nesagwa said:
I never played the 3D raymans on 64 or any other system.

Were they bad or something?

They are bad to BarfHappy...

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
C.A.R25 said:
What they need is a KBFD port... something worth porting at lest!

Microsoft owns Rare.

So its not coming out on either portable.

Fucking dumbass.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
What's KFBD? Killer Fratboys from Beach Daytona?

barf

Maxima's Barber
TonK said:
They are bad to BarfHappy...

Yep, but i had some strict tastes on N64 for platformers i guess. I liked Donkey Kong, Banjo & Kazooi and Jet Force Gemini and i think that s it ^^

bokmeow said:
What's KFBD? Killer Fratboys from Beach Daytona?

Nope, Conker's Bad Fur Day, that was a wacky one with nice drunk humor but i only played it on emulator (it starts funny but got bored after some time).

Edit: I just checked on Rare page for Conker's spelling... and... err... all the platform games i liked on the N64 were made by rare :( Chance to see them again are slim but Donkey Kong 64 is a Nintendo Property (developped for and under license by nintendo) so there might be a chance for this one.

Last edited:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
I Think the ds should have include anti aliasing or whatever its called... As i like the smoothed over looked compared to the pizelized look

Prons

n00b
PinkPeach said:
Nope, Conker's Bad Fur Day, that was a wacky one with nice drunk humor but i only played it on emulator (it starts funny but got bored after some time).

No way man, Conker just keeps getting better and better, I love how much the enviorments and the situations keep changing through the game.

barf

Maxima's Barber
In fact i got bored just after the introduction level, the one with the flying pests. I couldn t find what to do so i got bored and i stopped :I not the fault of the game, i just wanted to see what it looked like.
I trust you however, since Rare knew their job really well in N64 platformers

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
wizkid007 said:
I Think the ds should have include anti aliasing or whatever its called... As i like the smoothed over looked compared to the pizelized look
Just buy a pair of glasses with a really strong prescription. That will make everything blurry just like looking at a real N64 game.