Random Hyper thread / SS64 love

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I put in SS64 tonight, couldn't stop playing....I think I'm leaving it in the cab for awhile. So damn polished. I'm not sure why, but I prefer it over Warriors Rage. Although the presentation in WR is slightly better.

GREAT GAME!

ray_7

oh man, i've always wanted to play hyper 64 games, too bad my supergun can't support it..

can you record any video of both ss games?? :drool:

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
The rev2 boards is standard MVS/jamma so you should be able to play it on it. Think I've had the most fun with Buriki one. Friends that come over always finds it quite addicting.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
ray_7 said:
i think its actually the psu that's not compatible...

Thats strange, as he said a Rev 2 should work with anything. A rev 1 is gonna need you to splice into the +5 volts and ground. But any arcade PSU should have that.

As far as video goes...I might. This is the most common request in this sad excuse for a forum [that being the H64 section] and the thing to do is search for rugal's captures on insertcredit.com. I don't know the link but he has many videos of Buriki and SS64 2. But it would be cool to make some vids of all 4 fighters, post the links and sticky it in this forum.

ray_7

pixeljunkie said:
Thats strange, as he said a Rev 2 should work with anything. A rev 1 is gonna need you to splice into the +5 volts and ground. But any arcade PSU should have that.

As far as video goes...I might. This is the most common request in this sad excuse for a forum [that being the H64 section] and the thing to do is search for rugal's captures on insertcredit.com. I don't know the link but he has many videos of Buriki and SS64 2. But it would be cool to make some vids of all 4 fighters, post the links and sticky it in this forum.

I saw the video on insertcredit its good but its no direct capture..:p

I remember a member here posting lots of finishing move vids for SS64 but the links are not working anymore...

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
ray_7 said:
I saw the video on insertcredit its good but its no direct capture..:p

I remember a member here posting lots of finishing move vids for SS64 but the links are not working anymore...

I'm playing on a cab, so it wouldn't be a direct capture :(

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
It is JAMMA-compatible, yes, but he's right- it runs better with a larger psu. Back when I bought my Rev. 2, Scott Fish did some checking around to determine if the psu on the mini-JROK he built for me would be ideal for a Hyper or not, and the general consensus was that it's safer to swap out a bigger power source. He whipped up a new one for me in no time and I've had perfect results with it ever since. I'm not sure that my smaller one (5v versus 12v, is that right?) would have had any problems, but this way I'm 100% certain that I won't burn the board or my supergun out.

ps. Damn right it's a great game! I love to pull that and B1 out when my friends are over- there's an inevitable "what the hell is this?" followed by "hey, wait, this is pretty sweet!"

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Jro is right, you need a powerful psu to supply a HNG64. Most current superguns feature small tabletop psu's that are OK for MVS, CPS2, AW, etc., but not for HNG64. That's why there have been a lot of threads lately of people with such a supergun that have just bought a HNG64 (its price has dropped a lot due to vektorlogic's sales so many people is buying it for the first time, including myself), and complain about it not working properly.

The solution is just to replace the psu with a more powerful one, like a PC or arcade psu.