Question on the Stock 150 Neo Geo Watt Power Supply (Where is the bloody 12v?!)

Tengugurl

Cheng's Errand Boy
:multi_co:

Hello!

So, I am making a Supergun and I have a stock 150 Watt Neo Geo PSU (Brand new) that works great in my 4 slot.

I want to make an ATX (like) connector port on my Supergun to use this PSU but the issue is..... I am so lost as to what wire does what on the PSU lmfao!

http://www.8linesupply.com/p/ultimate-power-supply-on_off-switch-150-watt.html

This is the one I am speaking on...

How does one go about finding out the output without frying themselves or the PSU?

(I am thinking get a multi-meter but I am so N00b I am not even sure what setting to look on.

Looking forward to all you Neo Geo fanboys and girls to help me as I am new to the flock.. come on, group hug! <3

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Get a multi-meter, it really is a must for these types of works and you'll undoubtedly use it for other things. Set it to one of the 'V' settings, just got to make sure you set the decimal point right and the reading will make sense.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Get a multi meter, seriously. You'll use it over and over. Even a cheap one will do for the time being. To test voltages you need to set it the correct setting on the meter (more than likely a V with a wavy line and straight line underneath) then put the black probe on ground and the red on the pin you want to test.

For that PSU does it not have the pinouts on the yellow sticker on top of the metal casing?