question about Neo Geo Diagnostics Cart Set on Jamma-X

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi members , i have one AES at the moment and plan for more. My current AES came up nice with Neo Geo Diagnostics bios but with future AES's i can't open them up and use it as it will void my warranty.

I was wondering if i got a Neo Geo Diagnostics Cart Set from Jamma-X could that run tests and diagnose any problems before i open the future AES's for unibios installation ?

btw forgot to mention i will be using a Daedalus Converter for the Cart to run on the AES

chat soon

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
who do these still have warranties that are valid with?

sorry if I don't know stuff ...kind of just placeholding to learn?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
hi members , i have one AES at the moment and plan for more. My current AES came up nice with Neo Geo Diagnostics bios but with future AES's i can't open them up and use it as it will void my warranty.
There is no warranty on AES systems. SNK is dead. They don't support the Neo Geo anymore. If it was a warranty from a private seller, you should discuss the BIOS change with them.

who do these still have warranties that are valid with?

sorry if I don't know stuff ...kind of just placeholding to learn?

Please stop spamming the tech forums with your bullshit.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
No, the Diagnostics Cart set will not do what you're hoping for because it still needs the system opened and the bios installed in order to work.

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi guys , when i say warranty i mean ebay's policy. So this Diagnostics Cart won't work with the stock AES bios ?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
no it won't.

Neo Diagnostics homepage said:
This is a pair of diagnostic ROMs used to help diagnosing faulty NeoGeo cart systems. One ROM (sp1.bin) is used in place of the BIOS to test most of the components on the board. Another ROM (m1.bin) is used in place of a game cart M1 so the Z80 can test the sound system. The M1 ROM is optional and Z80 testing can be skipped if the sound system doesn't need to be tested.
http://smkdan.eludevisibility.org/neo/diag/