question about how many colors the neo geo displays onscreen

does the neo geo really display 4096 colors on screen and 15 colors per character? and what games shows off the neo's 4096 colors on screen the best.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
That's the spec listed for the system, but I cannot tell for sure if it's real or not or if any game really used it to its fullest, however I would take a look at the latest games in the Neo's life for amazing visuals, those have the bigger chance of using the max amount of colors. Also, the NGDev releases are very good candidates to max out colors on screen.

Regards.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
does the neo geo really display 4096 colors on screen and 15 colors per character? and what games shows off the neo's 4096 colors on screen the best.

Sengoku 2's sub stages immediately come to mind.

sengoku2.png

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
That's the spec listed for the system, but I cannot tell for sure if it's real or not or if any game really used it to its fullest, however I would take a look at the latest games in the Neo's life for amazing visuals, those have the bigger chance of using the max amount of colors. Also, the NGDev releases are very good candidates to max out colors on screen.

Regards.
I think the number of colors that can be displayed on a given game goes down to a number of different factors. It's not like every Neo game can have (or is going to have) 4096 colors.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Garou: Mark of The Wolves
All the Metal Slugs
Art of Fighting 3
KOF 99