PSP2TV Installation Video

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I'm downloading this right now... Are there any videos of it in action?

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
This looks pretty sweet, but I don't really want to buy one until I get a video of it in action... I'm going to be on the look out for psp with a busted screen in the meantime. :D

Why couldn't they include component, rgb, vga, or dvi out? How hard to you think it'll be to find the rgb lines coming through that connector (is that what the psp's screen is using? rgb?)? I'm guessing that the ntsc svideo encoder is in the stand... Shouldn't be too hard to do once we figure out what kind of signal the screen takes in.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I have had one of these pre-ordered for a while. I have been looking for a device like this since the PSP came out. Now I somewhat justifiy buying more UMD movies even if the quality will probably look shitty on a tv.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I'm trying to find the part number for either the Sharp or Samsung psp displays so I can then get a data sheet for them, which will give the type of video imput they take. Then I can run that through a convertor and play in hd. :chimp:

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Holy Shit I thought they said this would be an easy installation! I can see this is going to take me a very long time.....I will probably fuck up my PSP. Once my unit arrives, if by some miracle I can get it installed properly, I will post a review. I understand that the way they are doing it will give you best possible picture quality, but such a difficult install will severly limit their customer base. Mad props though for taking the initiative for making what looks like a great product. I am glad I am supporting it.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Well I got my psp2tv in today. I must say that I was really looking forward to this product, which makes what I have to say that much more painful. Basically, the install is extremely difficult if you have never done anything like this before. It gets easier as you go, but it will take some time for the novice. Anyway, after finally getting the thing working, I hooked it up to the docking station. In utter shock, my jaw dropped when I saw the video quality.......absolute shit. I have a 32" Sharp Aquos LCD, and with the composite and S-Video cable, the picture was extremely grainy and pixulated, and the color was spotty. I really do not know what to say. There is no way I could play a game nor watch a movie like this (although the sound was fantastic). I will take the entire thing apart again and re-connect all the cables in hopes that one of the cables is loose, but I highly doubt it. The picture on the PSP screen is perfect. However the TV is terrible. I have posted this on Team Xtender's web page in hopes that there will be a fix. Unless the quality gets better, there is no way I can recommend this product. I am gonna go try it on my friend's CRT tv and see what happens. If it is better, then I will be pissed because they would have made a product which doesn't work with next gen tvs. If it is the same, I will not be happy because they are pushing a shitty product. If anyone else has some info, please let me know.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I dont know what you expected. Youre stretching a 5 inch image to 32 inches.

There is going to be some obvious quality loss.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:

resolution on a PSP may be better than some 20" televisions. Videos played on the PSP look a lot better than on my dell monitor.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
resolution on a PSP may be better than some 20" televisions. Videos played on the PSP look a lot better than on my dell monitor.

:chimp: :angry: :emb: :spock: :oh_no:

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Nesagwa said:

If you look at the pictures of the company's web site, www.teamxtender.com, the image quality on the television looks very good. I do not expect DVD quality picture, but I did expect something that is watchable (I mean this is 10 times worse than tape with RF). The quality is utter crap. Lots of bleeding and grain. If you are going to market a product, you should not put such misleading pictures on your web site. I will try in on a 20 inch tube TV. If that works then I guess I'm out luck. I bought this product to watch my UMDs on my TV. I could not even stand watching for 5 minutes.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
somehow you start off as a grotty kernow and evolve into scanberg.

classy.

Eh I just dont really care. Where is the TV tuner with touch screen support for DS and shit.

Edit: Why dont you just buy DVD's? They are cheaper.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Perhaps people should just buy PS2 games for home use rather than shitty PSP ports of PS2 games and then run them through a hack adapter.

Seriously, are there any PSP games that are worth running on your TV? That there isn't already a console version of? Maybe Lumines.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I understand that PS2 games are made for TV and PSP games are made for the road. I am just saying that if you are gonig to make a product and sell it for $120 they should be honest about it. They claimed that since you are getting a direct video feed you will get a good picture, but it is trash. To answer the question about a washed out picture, I would have loved to have gotten one. The picture I got looked worse than video on the sega CD (no joke)

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Well I have had a little more time to play with this device. In all fairness, games do not look that bad. They look very much like PS1 quality. There is pixelization and grain, but playable. Movies on the other hand are a bit rough. Think sega CD movies. I am going to try this on my friend tv later one to see if television size and tube/lcd makes any difference. I still cannot recommend this product for the price, but i must say darkstalking is a hell of a lot easier to play with a dual shock than the psp unitl.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Eldios said:
I understand that PS2 games are made for TV and PSP games are made for the road. I am just saying that if you are gonig to make a product and sell it for $120 they should be honest about it.
And you're 150% right. I think we all appreciate your review on this!

My main beef is that the product is more or less strictly a novelty. At least with the GBA Player you can play a lot of games that never saw the console. And it was first party, so it worked.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You can't expect a good picture from Composite video anyway. Maybe someone could tap into an RGB signal and slap a Neobitz on it. Then it would look awesome. Or at the very least use it with an upscan converter.