PSP sales for America over the last 5 weeks

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I just enjoy remembering back to all the dicks that laughed at me when I had a DS on launch with Mario 64 and they all had PSPs with Ridge Racer.

WHOS LAUGHING NOW!

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
To me, there is reason enough to own both. Played DS a whole lot more though...

BIG

sony fanboy
Nesagwa said:
I just enjoy remembering back to all the dicks that laughed at me when I had a DS on launch with Mario 64 and they all had PSPs with Ridge Racer.

WHOS LAUGHING NOW!

DS is a fun system in short bursts,but I thoroughly enjoy the 'versatility' of a PSP so much more.

The system is worth every penny and then some just for the romage alone.

B-

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
BIG said:
DS is a fun system in short bursts,but I thoroughly enjoy the 'versatility' of a PSP so much more.

The system is worth every penny and then some just for the romage alone.

B-

Roms dont count. You can play roms on DS too.

You can play roms on GBA :rolleyes:

BIG

sony fanboy
Nesagwa said:
Roms dont count. You can play roms on DS too.

You can play roms on GBA :rolleyes:

It certainly does to me.

I mean,just about every game on every system I enjoy playing on the go and under one roof?

Can you run PC-Engine/CD/SCD,MegaDrive,SNES,Neo-Geo,CPS/CPS2,Wonderswan,Gamegear,NGPC,NGCD,Lynx,or SMS roms on either of the two aforementioned systems? :kekeke:

B-

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
BIG said:
It certainly does to me.

I mean,just about every game on every system I enjoy playing on the go and under one roof?

Can you run PC-Engine/CD/SCD,MegaDrive,SNES,Neo-Geo,CPS/CPS2,Wonderswan,Gamegear,NGPC,NGCD,Lynx,or SMS roms on either of the two aforementioned systems? :kekeke:

B-

SNES, Megadrive, SMS and I think PC-Engine at least. Not sure about Wonderswan or GG. ScummVM can I know that.

Anyway, GP2x and a laptop can do the same thing.

So can an Xbox.

Its not really relevent to the situation here.

BIG

sony fanboy
Nesagwa said:
SNES, Megadrive, SMS and I think PC-Engine at least. Not sure about Wonderswan or GG. ScummVM can I know that.

Anyway, GP2x and a laptop can do the same thing.

So can an Xbox.

Its not really relevent to the situation here.

Laptops and Xboxes are about as portable as portable potties,lolz.

GP2x is a fucking joke. The thing takes AA batteries and guzzle them down like cheap beer. Plus,there aren't any real software available for it and there will never be!

I'd much rather have ports and shovelware than no-ware :chimp:

B-

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Mark of the Wolves said:
I would if I made shit up. Do you want me to cite sources everytime I say something?

If so:

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/10/10/australia-3-psp-according-to-scea/
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/18/should-we-consider-the-psp-dead/

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/27/jaffe-abandons-psp-releasing-quick-turnaround-ps3-title/
http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/09/25/gran-turismo-plays-with-our-hearts/

...That Sony isn't very concerned with terrible game sales? They don't seem to be doing much to remedy it.

I'm not saying it isn't a problem, it clearly is.

A very big touche...

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
22 million sold. Pfffft. Way to trust a fanboy website. And sure I want sources. Especially when I follow sales from month to month from actual websites that cover it properly.

Seriously

Here is the breakdown of the main markets of the world.

NPD US LTD sales for DS & PSP as of August 2006 with the ds selling a 3 to 1 ratio now.
(North America)
NDS: 5.842 million
PSP: 5.019 million

Japan its likes 11 million DS
3-4 million psp

Europe its about 6.2 million DS
4 Million psp

5 + 3.5 + 4 = 12.5

22 - 12.5 = a differential of about 10 million.

I have no idea how they got those numbers.

Its no matter though, its software that counts that sony tries to make money on since they dont make anything on hardware or still lose money. And its piracy/shovelware that is killing the platform. I can buy nearly everything on that system that is on the ps2. Its a great little system hardware wise and I love the versatility of it. But over all I own about 5 games for the thing. I own 27 DS games.

Mark of the Wolves said:
I would if I made shit up. Do you want me to cite sources everytime I say something?

If so:

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/10/10/australia-3-psp-according-to-scea/
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/18/should-we-consider-the-psp-dead/

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/27/jaffe-abandons-psp-releasing-quick-turnaround-ps3-title/
http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/09/25/gran-turismo-plays-with-our-hearts/

...That Sony isn't very concerned with terrible game sales? They don't seem to be doing much to remedy it.

I'm not saying it isn't a problem, it clearly is.

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
Judge Sped said:
22 million sold. Pfffft. Way to trust a fanboy website. And sure I want sources. Especially when I follow sales from month to month from actual websites that cover it properly.

Seriously

Here is the breakdown of the main markets of the world.

NPD US LTD sales for DS & PSP as of August 2006 with the ds selling a 3 to 1 ratio now.
(North America)
NDS: 5.842 million
PSP: 5.019 million

Japan its likes 11 million DS
3-4 million psp

Europe its about 6.2 million DS
4 Million psp

5 + 3.5 + 4 = 12.5

22 - 12.5 = a differential of about 10 million.

Its no matter though, its software that counts that sony tries to make money on since they dont make anything on hardware or still lose money. And its piracy/shovelware that is killing the platform. I can buy nearly everything on that system that is on the ps2. Its a great little system hardware wise and I love the versatility of it. But over all I own about 5 games for the thing. I own 27 DS games.

Seriously,who gives a fuck?

B-

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Judge Sped said:

They are quoting another place who interviewed someone. They didn't pull them out of their ass. If they did I wouldn't have believed them. Michael Ephraim, Managing Director of Sony Computer Entertainment Australia, may be confused about shipped and sold. Which could defintely be the case since in July they annouced 20 million shipped IIRC.

I agree, but I don't think anything will change. A lot of developers have complained about software sales (I'm looking at you EA) yet they haven't done anything to change it. They still port games from the PS2 or systems made years ago.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
You mean the DS?

I'm nto sure if the DS is metrosexual. I can't speak for people on these game boards, because most of them are adult-children, but I have never seen an adult with a DS.

I personally only have a PSP and have never played a DS, so draw your own conclusions.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
BIG said:
Seriously,who gives a fuck?

B-

I don’t think it’s a matter of giving a fuck. I just like to get behind companies and people who are trying to do new things. It’s a standard that I can use, and draw ideas from. Nintendo falls into this category. And I think they deserve to succeed whereas I don’t think Sony has put the effort forth and therefore shouldn’t have the success that they have had in the past. Granted they have produced a few gems but they are few and far between. Not to mention the gems that they have produced is what makes a good company. New ideas. SOTC was an excellent example. And it all starts with a couple simple questions.

BIG

sony fanboy
Judge Sped said:
I don’t think it’s a matter of giving a fuck. I just like to get behind companies and people who are trying to do new things. It’s a standard that I can use, and draw ideas from. Nintendo falls into this category. And I think they deserve to succeed whereas I don’t think Sony has put the effort forth and therefore shouldn’t have the success that they have had in the past. Granted they have produced a few gems but they are few and far between. Not to mention the gems that they have produced is what makes a good company. New ideas. SOTC was an excellent example. And it all starts with a couple simple questions.

This post reaks of utter fanboyism,and I refuse to take it seriously.

Like to get behind people who are trying to do new things?

Why don't you go support stem-cell research instead of making shitty threads like this,then?

B-

wizkid007

20 Year Member
BIG said:
This post reaks of utter fanboyism,and I refuse to take it seriously.

Like to get behind people who are trying to do new things?

Why don't you go support stem-cell research instead of making shitty threads like this,then?

B-

I value pretty much anything that draws on the very basics of what makes things great. As in my opinion people have lost them in the face of greed. Ive said this a hundred times in tons of posts in all kinds of subjects. Im hardly a fanboy as I look at both sides of the coin.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
I'm nto sure if the DS is metrosexual. I can't speak for people on these game boards, because most of them are adult-children, but I have never seen an adult with a DS.

I personally only have a PSP and have never played a DS, so draw your own conclusions.

The DS is hardly metrosexual...

I think wasabi's statement speaks volumes...

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Not really sure what your definition of a grown man is. I have seen a lot of young adults play the ds. I’ve also seen young adults play the psp. But both were around the same age and looked roughly the same on a maturity level etc.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
wasabi said:

i once saw a husband, wife, and their kid sitting in the food court of the mall all playing different DS games. i've also seen a couple of middle aged guys playing brain age here and there. so it's catching on, might only be on a small scale. but it's spreading to people who wouldn't normally be seen as the videogame type