PS2 Kof 2000 questions

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Disclaimer- I know this has probably been discussed and argued about hundreds of times, if you are tired of seeing these kinds of things please skip this topic!

I recently got the PS2 port of Kof2k instead of the cart. My NGH system is at home in america (im in japan right now) I have searched all over the internet and this site and have found almost no info on this game. :( :( so Im writing here, because there are a lot of kuwashii hito on here.

I have 2 questions

1- Is something wrong with the control? Im using stiff psx pads right now, which I think is the problem. Im going to upgrade to an arcade stick if theres nothing wrong with the control.

2- Is there anything missing in this port. Sprite size, moves, animation, any little things that make this port a little lame? I know there has to be something!

So far I'm impressed with this kof port. The last kof port I played was DC kof99 evo and I thought it looked a little strange and the gameplay was off.

OK thanks in advance, and please don't turn this into a port vs. NGH cart battle. I think that all the ports are lacking in some way. (oh know, ive just said my own opinion on the matter which could lead to a boring port vs. ngh flame war.)

Anyway, any info would be great!

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Just got a hori stick, works great, the game controls fine.

Can anybody help me with question 2 ?????

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
-it lacks the neo geo feeling

-shadows don't flash

-sprites seem "washed" in the PS2 version (K's second shot is a good example)

david

Edo Express Delivery Guy
wouldn't it be better if the shadows don't flash...It bothers me seeing the shadow flash

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Thanks for the feedback, I know what you mean about the neo geo feeling. The console ports never quite replace that. I remember that after thinking my saturn port of kof 95 was perfect and then playing my neo version and thinking something was better.

Maybe Ill break down and buy the cart sometime soon, the game is steadily growing on me. I thought I wouldnt like this one, but the art and the snk fan stuff is sooo cool.

Im going to stop by an arcade that has this game the day after to tomorrow to check up on the differences

thanks !

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
It's THE best port you can find, period.The colors and the graphics are slightly sharper and cleaner than the DC version.Never before have i seen the gap between the neo ports and the originals narrowed this much.Its really, really close to the arcade version!
Playmore even fixed some of the issues that the DC version had especially the removal of Iori's quick back hop move and the frame rate drop at the aquarium stage.They are non-existent now.
Differences are that the shadows are given a more realistic look and there are transparencies used for all the fireball and normal attacks.Thats the reason why it does not have that original feel.

<small>[ March 09, 2003, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Devil_Gans ]</small>