Programming Games for Hyper64??

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Does anyone know if there is a way to program new games for the hyper neo?? Or are we stuck with what SNK has put out?

hine :conf:

Hine62 said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to program new games for the hyper neo?? Or are we stuck with what SNK has put out?

Send an e-mail to VektorLogic. The owner of that place once posted within this forum that his team discovered how to program the Hyper Neo-Geo 64 boards, and he stated that new games were going to be developed. But alas, those games never saw the light of day.

Charles

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for the quick reply... I sent am email to them.

hine :multi_co:

Hi

I`m a huge hyper fan and think that the games of the system are one of the best games around - gameplay wise (i own a rev II fighting board with all 4 games and a beast busters board and game)
the hyper deserves more ;)

I`m also a game developer and currently working on an interesting title called punch-n-crunch which you can see on www.punch-n-crunch.com

We would do a hyper port (if possible) for fun - but i would need a dev kit
Could anyone help...(i`ve already written to Jeff - awaiting answer... ;)

Jontra

Kuroko's Training Dummy
For wchich system have you made this game? Is this a homebrew for the mvs?

Thanks,

Jontra

Hi

it`s a 3d Fun Boxing Game built on a self developed 3D engine - at the moment its for PC but ports to other systems are planned, and so i thought would be interesting to do a Hyper Port...

Ill6

Marked Wolf
As I remember Jeffs way was to sacrifice existing FF:WA carts by making the new game.

It's actually too expensive a process when it's easier to get better games and code out using cheaper methods - to be honest, there aren't many operators who would pay the kind of money required for a game that didn't look like a Naomi game - they are getting kind of used to that and the cost of Naomi systems is cheap enough now for them to get them at a really good price.

I should have the IO board finished in a week or so for our 'somewhat delayed' system and then we are up and running with that - it's an expensive business and with 'not a lot' of capital it gets harder and harder to fund. Hell, even doing neo 16 bit games is expensive enough with limited sales and I will have to review finishing the other 2 in coding after Manic Panic is released in January - it's all a matter of cost vs sales.

10c

Jeff F

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hine62 said:

One should be happy with what is already released.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I wish I did, I've only played the PSX port of SS64 2.

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
That's not even a port, it's a sequel to the H64 games.