Problem Signing In Two PS3 Online...

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
:help: PLEASE!!!

Hi does someone knows why everytime I try to sign in to play online with two PS3, one of them gets offline and tells me that an error occures and it is a DNS error??

It this a problem with my Router (Linksys), Internet Provider or PSN?

Thanks in advance...

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Hmm...

I had an issue with my Router (Linksys),..and had to re-install it.T,,hat easy advisor page got messed up afterward.

Both my 360 on two seperate live accounts always worked fine for however shitty or good live was that day...on the Router (Linksys),

Since I fixed the easy advisor I was able to put a security lock on the router inwhich now it knocks one 360 off when the other is on.
Aftet doing the connection test however they both go on..(both NATS are open..

My PS3,I get an error...Though I can still go online and download demos.

My wifes laptop now I can't get it to connect.

So IMO its a router issue..

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If they are both wireless connections and next to each other that could be the problem as they're both on the same frequency.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
chris1 said:
Hmm...

I had an issue with my Router (Linksys),..and had to re-install it.T,,hat easy advisor page got messed up afterward.

Both my 360 on two seperate live accounts always worked fine for however shitty or good live was that day...on the Router (Linksys),

Since I fixed the easy advisor I was able to put a security lock on the router inwhich now it knocks one 360 off when the other is on.
Aftet doing the connection test however they both go on..(both NATS are open..

My PS3,I get an error...Though I can still go online and download demos.

My wifes laptop now I can't get it to connect.

So IMO its a router issue..

Should I call Linksys Customer Service?

@ Xian Xi: Not the case, both are wired :conf:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Asura said:

@ Xian Xi: Not the case, both are wired :conf:

Do they both their own IPs when connected?

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:

I had this problem. They both used to have the same IP address on the odd occasion, so I just manually changed the one on the PS3 and now they ever conflict.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I wouldn't have thought you could sign on two systems with the same IP address. (I'm not talking about local addresses on the home network.)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Asura said:

:

I would,just to see what they say..

I believe it would be a IP address conflict like stated above.

In my network,the PS3,and two 360 all have different IP adresses.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Xian Xi said:

Both have the same IP address

I would,just to see what they say..

I called and they told me the same, that it could be that Im using the same IP address on both units.

I had this problem. They both used to have the same IP address on the odd occasion, so I just manually changed the one on the PS3 and now they ever conflict.

How do I change one of the IP Address? Just changing one of the numbers or I need a valid different IP address? If so, where I could find a valid IP address?

Thanks in advance....

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
Asura said:
How do I change one of the IP Address? Just changing one of the numbers or I need a valid different IP address? If so, where I could find a valid IP address?

Thanks in advance....

If you're using a router, then generally each IP will be something like 192.168.1.1XX

You can change the settings manually on your PS3, so just set it to something highter than the amount of machines on the network, so if you router is used for 3 machines, set the IP of the PS3 to 192.168.1.105

It's easy enough to sort out anyway.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Superfamifreak said:
If you're using a router, then generally each IP will be something like 192.168.1.1XX

You can change the settings manually on your PS3, so just set it to something highter than the amount of machines on the network, so if you router is used for 3 machines, set the IP of the PS3 to 192.168.1.105

It's easy enough to sort out anyway.

So I can do it manually without any especific IP address? Just put a higher number on the PS3's IP last three numbers and that's it?

By the way I noticed that if I set both PS3's on NAT Type 3 I can use both online as well, but that means limithed chating and stuff...:oh_no:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
port forwarding problem? you can only portforward to one IP.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
kernow said:
port forwarding problem? you can only portforward to one IP.

Didn't get it...:conf: Sorry I'm not that good computers stuff.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
In your router settings do you have specific ports mapped for PSN/chat/play use so that your PS3 defaults to NAT Type 2? You can only port forward to one IP address, so the ports would be forwarded to one PS3 and not the other. Can't you put them both in the DMZ?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Of course it won't work if two devices on the network have the same local address. That's no mystery. That's just the laws of networking.

Don't bother with port forwarding. On most routers it seems to be worthless. Either your router will work with the console or it won't. Try updating the firmware if necessary.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Still no luck on chaging the last three numbers of the IP address....:crying:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Try doing 1 wired and 1 wireless and see if that works.

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
Before you start this process head over to the network tab on the XMB and choose "Internet Connection Status." From here note your current IP address, your subnet mask, your default router and primary and secondary DNS settings. Write these down, you will need them in the following steps.

Go to the Internet Connection Settings tab on the XMB.

From here most of the settings can simply be passed through with default settings. There are two areas, however, that you have to change. The first is choosing a Custom address setting (instead of Easy).

From here, you will want to choose Manual IP Address Setting:
Remember the settings you wrote down from your status page? You will need them here. You will have to enter in the static IP Address you want to assign to your PS3, the Subnet Mask (which is usually 255.255.255.0), the default router (the IP address of your router, most often 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.100.1), and the Primary and Secondary DNS settings. You will have to input all of these numbers. This is made much easier with a DVD Remote or keyboard.

Please NOTE - You will want to set the last number of your IP address high enough that other wireless or wired items on your network will not be assigned the same number through DHCP. If you do not have DHCP enabled on your router, you do not need to worry about this and can simply choose an IP address that does not conflict with your other devices and which is available through your router.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I'm currently having a problem with my PS3..whenever I tr to sign on it totally knocks my router out..I think it's trying to sign in as a computer..

It was fine with my old router.

I tried to set it up wired and wireless and it still does
the same thing.
it also tries to use the same IP as my Sons 360
It kicks everything off causing me to have to fix the router..the router becomes undetected...WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS

My 360s are fine just the FN PS3 kicks everything off when signed in..

I don't know how to fix this shit.

These Linksys wireles routers such..the program is so limited..I can't seem to simply add a device..it's either add a device ot computer.
When I try to add a device it tells me some key..I can't just detect it..