PROBLEM FIXED

complexs6

Camel Slug
Hey guys, I have a problem. I have no sound when I plugged my hyper 64 up for the first time. I bought this supernova on ebay and it doesnt have sound, I am scared I need more voltage? Any help would be grealt appreciated as I didnt even bother playing it without the sound.

P.S. I know the shapes were a bit squary but damn it looks like it wasnt even finished as a game and rushed out without complete development. I suppose all the stories are true, to bad for SNK. I cant wait to play the sh!t out of it. lol

:buttrock:

03-30-06_0054.jpg

03-30-06_0057.jpg

Last edited:

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
The H64 follows the MVS standard, not the jamma one. If you have a rev2 board at least you can switch the board over to mono with a dip, should be that.

complexs6

Camel Slug
Hello thanks, but can you show me where and how? The board came with a four page instruction that doesnt say much but how to insert carts and alittle other stuff but nothin about dip switches? Any help would be appreciated.

I also saw this

"The Hyper 64 itself is JAMMA but for some reason they decided to run the speakers through a seperate set of jacks at the front of the unit, so you have to have an external speaker wire in independent of the JAMMA harness to get sound. So if you just wanted to plug and play your not going to get any sound."

I got some cables with the motherboard one with two connecters on both ends and another with wires just split off. Is there a way to get stereo sound by hooking it up to external speakers? Need some help please.

Last edited:

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
The rev 1 board doesn't have the dip switched if I remember corectly, I'll check the dip settings on my rev 2 when I get home today.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Again - too many threads dude.

see my other replies for the solution.