Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee for Switch in November

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Polygon: Pokémon Let’s Go! Pikachu and Eevee Versions launch on Switch in November.
https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/29/1...-switch-lets-go-pikachu-version-eevee-version

The two games, which will be exclusive to Switch and launch this November, take players back to the Kanto region, where the original generation of Pokémon titles were set. During a conference call in New York with director Junichi Masuda, he described the games as almost a “remake” of 1999’s Pokémon Yellow — the final iteration of the first-gen Pokémon lineup.

Implementation of co-op play makes this a good couch game for switch, and some clear influences from Pokemon Go make this a decent one. Day one purchase for me.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I'm not even gonna pretend that I won't be buying this on day one.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I was wrong. I thought Nintendo would never release a core series Pokemon game on anything other than GameBoy / DS / 3DS / whatever is next.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I was wrong. I thought Nintendo would never release a core series Pokemon game on anything other than GameBoy / DS / 3DS / whatever is next.

Is a remake with second-rate mobile gameplay mechanics core series? I was getting excited for an announcement, and while this doesn't surprise me at all, I've got to say I'm disappointed. At least they say they'll deliver a real Pokemon game for the Switch in 2019.

fake

15 Year Member
Is a remake with second-rate mobile gameplay mechanics core series? I was getting excited for an announcement, and while this doesn't surprise me at all, I've got to say I'm disappointed. At least they say they'll deliver a real Pokemon game for the Switch in 2019.

Ah, OK. I thought it was a new one. Personally, I'm more likely to play this than anything "new". I like the first game but stopped playing after that. It just kinda got stupid and overwhelming with a million Pokemon. Having that goal of 151 and knowing them all off the top of your head was cool.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Ah, OK. I thought it was a new one. Personally, I'm more likely to play this than anything "new". I like the first game but stopped playing after that. It just kinda got stupid and overwhelming with a million Pokemon. Having that goal of 151 and knowing them all off the top of your head was cool.

I totally agree. I was excited to revisit the original 151, but the Pokemon Go gameplay sours the deal for me.

fake

15 Year Member

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Im gonna pass on this. While the game looks great, the pokemon go gameplay ruins it for me.

But if I have to take a guess, we most likely are going to get gen 4 remakes next year and quite possibly gen 8 the year after? Or maybe gen 8 game first followed by the gen 4 remakes? I just have a harder time imagining them delivering the gen 8 games by next year.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Well it might give a few fat kids parents renewed hope that they'll lose some weight, that's something.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
There's an awful lot of grown men in this thread excited for a game aimed at children.