Pets: any advice?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Unless you live in a farm, animals should not be pets. I cant stand them but for some reason they love going to my damn yard. Fucking cats, dogs, raccoon, deers, & fucking mole. You should get a new GF if she is picking the animal over you OP.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I have 2 feral rescue cats, and one of them LOVES to chew on wires, and the other loves to sleep in warm, cramped places (like behind the entertainment center).
Solution is simple. Lock them out when you're gone, and be aware of the animal entering your room when you are using it and keep an extra eye on them.

For the cord chewer, she has a dedicated play area in a nearby room where I provide her with a cord she can chew on to her heart's content. She never chews on the other cords now.
They have torn up the arm of my pleather recliner though. They like to sit up there while I play, and kind of dig their claws in the arms unconsciously.

I don't mind, it was a cheap recliner.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The one thing my cats are really bad about is being shut out of places. If I lock them out of my bedroom or game room they immediately start scratching up the carpet under the door. I've tried putting scratching posts right outside the door, bought some stupid spray shit that is supposed to stop them from scratching stuff, sometimes I open the door quickly and bust them... doesn't matter. Either they get into the room or they tear up the carpet. Little bitches.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Learn to live with it, and buy cheap furniture.
She has really torn up that chair arm.

xKc0uGi.jpg

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Being responsible for the quality of life of another living being is the quickest way for a man to destroy his soul.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Cats are evil. Don't trust women with cats.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Like all animals, personalities of cats will vary. I've owned three cats and never had any issues with my stuff getting messed up other than a few small holes in furniture. Some cats shed more than others, and brushing them for a couple minutes each week or so can help a lot. You could possibly see about getting a cat tree for them to play on to keep them away from your stuff.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hi

I know some of you guys have pets, and I would like to know, how do you manage your classic games with them? specifically, cats. They leave hair everywhere, and seem to like the warm places to be on top (like electronic devices) and sometimes bite the cables. I have never had any pet, but my girlfriend has one cat and she would rather leave me than the cat so since the relationship is serious, I'd like to be prepared for the cat to coexist with my games.

Thanks for any tips.

If she would rather leave you than the cat, then she's not worth sharing a home with.

Do you really want to be someone who has a cat in his home?

Aspiring to join a group of losers?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Thanks for the advice guys, very useful stuff here. Regarding leaving her...well, that may not happen. She used to have 3 cats, she already gave up 2 of them because I dislike pets a lot, but she stated very clear that this last cat is to stay. The cat is very affectionate, and keeps near her all the time, very lovely animal. I really love her so I believe I'll have to learn to live with the cat. I'm pretty sure it will be worth it.

Thanks again :)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
My upstairs neighbors have a cat. The fucking thing cries outside my window at all hours (they live directly above me). On more than one occasion, I may have threatened to call animal control. I'm really just trying to get them evicted.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Step 1: Open window, preferrably on 2nd floor or above.

2: give cat no choice but to step outside window.

3: close window

4: when gf asks where the cat is, shrug silently and walk away.
get some furniture? for them to pee on.

I'm basking in the fragrance. my now Wifes then GFs cat(I like it enough) has sprayed the couch 2x this week, its actually worse smelling than piss cuz its muskier. I think its a spring and fall thing, before it was fixed it would howl but I think the spray is residual even tho she is fixed?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'm basking in the fragrance. my now Wifes then GFs cat(I like it enough) has sprayed the couch 2x this week, its actually worse smelling than piss cuz its muskier. I think its a spring and fall thing, before it was fixed it would howl but I think the spray is residual even tho she is fixed?

Yeah you'll never get that smell out.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
rub lemon or hot sauce on your cables

cats hate that shit

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
If she would rather leave you than the cat, then she's not worth sharing a home with.

Do you really want to be someone who has a cat in his home?

Aspiring to join a group of losers?
He joined this website...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It's usually not too hard to teach a cat to dislike squirt bottles. Do that first then leave one on the floor/counter/whatever near enough to the consoles.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
If you get the cat fixed young enough, they usually won't mark territory with their urine, although there are, of course, exceptions. The pair we have now never spray on anything (other than their cat box, which is obviously where they're supposed to), but we've had ones in the past that would piss on anything and everything.

And I concur on the water squirt bottle. Once they know what it is, and what it does, all you have to do is shake it, and they'll run for the hills without you even having to use it.