Perfect casting choices in terrible movies

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Agree with 1 post. Horrible films with good casting choices. Also the guy who played Reed Richards in FF was not that bad. Most films mentioned here are pretty good like Force Awakens( Last jedi was mess yes but 100 times better than prequals). I was thinking of Mortal Kombat. Great casting choices but I actually like that film so cannot say it is a terrible film. Wolverine Origins was pretty bad but Liev Schneider as Sabretooth, Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson, guy who played Gambit and Hugh Jackman of course. Rest of casting choices and film was horrible.

Thomas Jane in Punisher was great casting choice but the film was horrible.

Last edited:

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Tom Welling is a terrible actor, though. He hasn't improved any, either. He's on Lucifer right now and he drags down every scene he's in.

I watch Lucifer once in a while, but haven't seen Tom Welling. Last episode I watched was with the sinner man. Don't usually watch this kind of show, but I like Lucifer for some reason...

Anyways, I think Tom Welling was good for teenage Superman. I think most of the casting in the show was pretty good actually, including the parents and Lex. I always enjoyed that show before superhero shows became so commonplace.

I think the Jessica Alba F4 movies were cast well too, at least for the F4 themselves. Much better than the reboot that needs another reboot.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Matthew Lillard as the school principal in Twin Peaks was awesome.

completely underrated.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
I think the Jessica Alba F4 movies were cast well too
I disagree I think only reason that Alba was cast to get some viewers. January Jones or Charlize Theron would have been better choices. Well still Doom would have been terrible and the script and well everything else.

Well good that Marvel now has FF rights so maybe finally we are going to get a great FF film.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I watch Lucifer once in a while, but haven't seen Tom Welling. Last episode I watched was with the sinner man. Don't usually watch this kind of show, but I like Lucifer for some reason...

Anyways, I think Tom Welling was good for teenage Superman. I think most of the casting in the show was pretty good actually, including the parents and Lex. I always enjoyed that show before superhero shows became so commonplace.

I think the Jessica Alba F4 movies were cast well too, at least for the F4 themselves. Much better than the reboot that needs another reboot.

Smallville is horrible. It was bad back then and it's just embarrassing to watch now. Ten seasons of bad relationship melodrama and a show ashamed to be based on a comic book.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Ed Harris, Leon Robinson and Scott Glenn in Buffalo Soldiers. A pity, because Oliver Wood's camera and the late 80's atmosphere of an autumnal Stuttgart are spot on in this otherwise totally misguided movie.

Marlon Brando & Fairuza Balk in the third iteration of The Island of Dr. Moreau: Brando's idealistic absentmindedness and Balk's feral child innocence add new qualities to their characters.

Olivia Williams in The Postman was sexy & intelligent. The movie is truly awful, though.

Sean Connery in The Presidio (damn you Hyams, this one had potential).

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Brandon Routh in Superman Returns - They asked him to basically sub for Christopher Reeve and IMO he nailed it. It's not his fault the idea was stupid.

Gene Hackman in the Replacements

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Brandon Routh in Superman Returns - They asked him to basically sub for Christopher Reeve and IMO he nailed it. It's not his fault the idea was stupid.

Kevin Spacey was good as Lex too even if he didn't really look the part. I kinda like that movie although the story is dumb.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Kevin Spacey was good as Lex too even if he didn't really look the part. I kinda like that movie although the story is dumb.

I liked Spacey, but he really didn't try to recreate Hackman's character IMO. He did his own thing which would have been great if this was a BvS (would have been 100x's better then Jesse Eisenberg), but since it wasn't it made the movie off balance since part was trying to be a true sequel to Superman II and the other part was trying to be a semi modern take. All in all though I still liked it.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
For me the only truly good live action Superman film is Superman the Movie.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well..if you're taking about Superman, I'd say Michael Shannon in Man of Steel works with this thread...