Perfect case for Metal Slug 6 / Atomiswave Carts

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
I recently purchased Metal Slug 6 (Atomiswave) and it was shipped in an old Sega Genesis *EA branded on the inside* cartridge case. The EA Genesis games were more square-shaped than regular games, and the Atomiswave cart fits in it's place.

The case is high-quality, and perfect for custom inserts.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
so how do you like the game?

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
perhaps it is better to think of this as a courtesy to those who actually might not yet be aware of this fact.
you know, hopeless losers such as myself who had no idea of this until now, and therefore do not have any business EVER getting to learn of it.

you snooze, you lose. oh so sorry, but that's LIFE, buddy...

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Well holy pile of dog shit, they got these fancy horseless carriages around town now too! Yeh ha

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
so how do you like the game?

I need to replay the game in the hardest difficulty as the "beginner" difficulty ends abruptly. I'm not sold on the graphics, and I don't like the POW's voice... but it's Metal Slug... and I dig that!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
This is already known, if you check southtown-homebrew they even have a section for using those cases.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
perhaps it is better to think of this as a courtesy to those who actually might not yet be aware of this fact.
you know, hopeless losers such as myself who had no idea of this until now, and therefore do not have any business EVER getting to learn of it.

you snooze, you lose. oh so sorry, but that's LIFE, buddy...

Can we please just skip to the part where your mother finds you dead in your room, with an empty bottle of sleeping pills by your side? Your unique brand of schtick was amusing for a while, but at this point your bitter crabbiness is just a chore to read.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
I just tried this and they don't fit by maybe 1/8 of an inch. The AW fits in the cart slot fine but case won't close. you have to force it to close which results in a bump on the case and will occasionally pop open by itself. Close but no cigar.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Atomiswave Cartridge Cases

I just tried this and they don't fit by maybe 1/8 of an inch. The AW fits in the cart slot fine but case won't close. you have to force it to close which results in a bump on the case and will occasionally pop open by itself. Close but no cigar.

Your right & wrong at the same time.
:)

EA made 3 different sized plastic cases for their Sega Genesis games. The smallest size was for the normal cartridge releases with normal manuals. The medium size (which is the one you have & are describing) was for carts with larger size manuals like RPG's with maps & some smaller sports games. The largest size (most of the big sports games with lots of paperwork) are the ones that fit perfect.

They all look the same, but the thickness varies.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
ok so what genesis games came in the biggest box so i can be on the look out for them

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Good info Supergun. thanks !

I didn't know they have various thickness up to now.