Ordered it!

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I actually like the color palette on the neo geo x. It is more of a toned down muted approach, gives it a certain realistic edgy look, compared to the crisp overly colorful and contrasty original neo geo games.

I think you guys will agree the ngx just looks better in the screens below, right?

:kekeke:

ChrisB

Another Striker
E. Kawasaki always said he thought Neo Geo games looks best on 10 year old arcade monitors in need of a cap kit. So Tommo took that input when designing the Neo Geo X

Tommo are very smert, they produce a poor device that does not even warrant the SNK name let alone anything yet people I know have bought one and sulk at it, yet they could have at least bought an AES and a game for what they paid for it. At least they are attempting to fix the issues with a firmware update.

Last edited:

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
Wait a minute this chaps from England so we are on the same currency, I defy you to find an AES for £175 with a game, I have been trying on and off for months they simply do not exist and im obviously also not talking about some faded beat up piece of junk either, I lost out on one a week ago with two games both low end titles and it sold for 270, There is a nice boxed one without any games on ebay right now for about £250 with a day or so to go, You can buy them from japan for about 200 but then you have to pay as much as 60 for shipping, Im not saying that this is purely reason to by an X but i am saying you cant get them for the same money with two games.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I actually like the color palette on the neo geo x. It is more of a toned down muted approach, gives it a certain realistic edgy look, compared to the crisp overly colorful and contrasty original neo geo games.

I think you guys will agree the ngx just looks better in the screens below, right?

ngx_vs_vita_xperia.jpg

I hope this is a joke post.

The NGX is less colorful and contrasty due to an inferior LCD screen.

ChrisB

Another Striker
Wait a minute this chaps from England so we are on the same currency, I defy you to find an AES for £175 with a game, I have been trying on and off for months they simply do not exist and im obviously also not talking about some faded beat up piece of junk either, I lost out on one a week ago with two games both low end titles and it sold for 270, There is a nice boxed one without any games on ebay right now for about £250 with a day or so to go, You can buy them from japan for about 200 but then you have to pay as much as 60 for shipping, Im not saying that this is purely reason to by an X but i am saying you cant get them for the same money with two games.

I saw a boxed AES (Jap) in really nice condition with Fatal Fury & Art of fighting loose carts sell for £183 on ebay about 3 weeks ago. I already got an AES hell I nearly bought it as it was in really nice condition. That was on ebay and UK seller

Last edited:

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder

They can be found as I bought a Jap Neo Geo AES boxed a few years back for £150.

So that would leave you £25 for a game or couple of loose cart's, you just have to be at the right place at the right time and a bit of luck with finding a AES at a good price.

Last edited:

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
They can be found as I bought a Jap Neo Geo AES boxed a few years back for £150.

So that would leave you £25 for a game or couple of loose cart's, you just have to be at the right place at the right time and a bit of luck with finding a AES at a good price.

Exactly a couple of years ago , Two years in neo geo collecting adds a lot to prices , Trust me I have been actively looking all over , I have never seen one for 150 that just isn't realistic in today's market , how many guys on here would sell their system for 150 ? Anyways I'm gonna build an mvs now and be done with it

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Exactly a couple of years ago , Two years in neo geo collecting adds a lot to prices , Trust me I have been actively looking all over , I have never seen one for 150 that just isn't realistic in today's market , how many guys on here would sell their system for 150 ? Anyways I'm gonna build an mvs now and be done with it

I would agree with you about getting into the MVS as some AES games go for ridiculous amount's of money not to mention if they are conversion's or bootleg's. So save yourself the hassle and buy a CMVS

Last edited:

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
Im going to build a brand new full cabinet, I have an arcade at home but what i dont have in it is some Neo Geo love so its now time i did