Operation Supply Drop (or streaming for charity)

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone here is interested, but there's currently a gaming-based charity drive going on for Operation Supply Drop.

Some of the details on the charity can be found here, but the short version is that for some time now they work on different fund raising events to raise $$ to put together gaming care packages meant for deployed troops and guys recovering in the hospital from combat wounds.

The current event is a 24 hour streaming marathon, so if anyone wants to check out our stream, come on over to my twitch channel. Hope to see you guys there, and feel free to donate if you feel the cause is worthy!

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Good cause and glad to support dude. Sorry I couldn't stick around longer.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
No worries man, glad to have you even for a little while :)

And now, back to Knights of Valour FOR GREAT JUSTICE

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Twitch live feed is pretty decent from a mobile device as well. I see you guys are still going strong.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
It is 8:08 am at this time, and we're calling it for the 'night' haha. My two other players have already crashed and my turn is coming soon after I clean up from this crazyness. Thanks to any and all who stopped by the stream to hang out and chat a bit, and especially thanks to those of you who donated. The recipients of your kindness will be exceptionally appreciative!

Hopefully we can do this again sometime (and next time with a bit more planning prior to for us on this end haha). Till next time, keep on gaming!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
It's a great thing you did man. You have no idea how much it helps to have something distract you from the rigors of a deployment, so you're awesome in my book.

Curious, did the DDoS attack effect you guys at all?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
It's a great thing you did man. You have no idea how much it helps to have something distract you from the rigors of a deployment, so you're awesome in my book.

Curious, did the DDoS attack effect you guys at all?

Re: Deployments... I'd say I have some idea...

As for the DDoS, no we really didn't get any of that. It only affected their actual main site, and an alternate paypal account was set up strictly for donations. About the only thing that we really got from the DDoS was that it took a little bit for us to get the links set up on my twitch page since no one had them for a little while.

Also, some highlights are up on my twitch if anyone wants to check 'em out :D

http://www.twitch.tv/whisper2053/profile

Last edited: