Only 4 games for the Hyper Neo?

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
Just wondering if there are only the 4 games for the Hyper Neo 64 or are there some rare ones floating around?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
well to my knowledge there is only four.... wait a second ...there is buruki one...SS66,SS64WR,FFWI and some other racing game.... im sure there wasa a racing one dunno there could be one more...

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
There's only 4 FIGHTERS.

Besides them, there's a shooting game, and 1 or 2 driving games.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
There's only 4 fighters, and then some driving and shooting games. Remember those other games are not compatible with the fighting motherboard, they need another one, and dedicated controls.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Seven games: four fighters, two driving games, and one light-gun game.

The following information is from Chris Mullins' awesome Hyper 64 FAQ ,

FIGHTING:

Buriki One ~world grapple tournament '99~ (870 Megs)
Garou Densetsu 64 ~wild ambition~ (839 Megs)
Samurai Spirits 64 (518 Megs)
Samurai Spirits II ~asura zanmaden~ (598 Megs)

DRIVING:

Off Beat Racer (678 Megs)
Round Trip RV (524 Megs)

GUN-Based:

Beast Busters ~second nightmare~ (802 Megs)

Beast Busters also has a NGPC version.

Samurai Spirits Warrior's Rage 2 is a Playstation only sequel to Asura Zanmaden.

Gai from Buriki One is a Striker in the DC port of KOF99.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
tsukaesugi said:
Seven games: four fighters, two driving games, and one light-gun game.

Notice that the game is not light gun , it's just an analog joystick shaped like a gun ;)

tsukaesugi

Amano Jacu said:
Notice that the game is not light gun , it's just an analog joystick shaped like a gun ;)

Really? Bizzarre.

I've seen a picture of a BB cab and so I always assumed that it was a light-gun.

Thanks for the info.

tsukaesugi

Amano Jacu said:
Yup, just check this thread by neoturfmasta:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121592

Cool read. I completely missed that thread the first time around (I never really hung out in Hyper 64 till RBJake got one).

It was neat seeing the insides of the gun controller.

ForeverSublime said:
Typically, any guns that are mounted directly on arcade cabs are analog joysticks in gun casings.

ForeverSublime raised a good point- one that I'd never bothered to think about til now- Light guns are usually attached by cables and are farther away.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Four Fighters ;)
hypercol2.jpg

2 Drivers
1 shooting

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
xtoo_shortx That pic is sweeeeet. I'm dying to get my hands on the sam sho games. I'll try to find them this summer. I think I have to get on yahoo auctions or something.

I just realized the buster beast game is called second nightmare, I thought there were 2 for the hyper64. I played the NGPC version, it was pretty fun. Just a short little zelda tpye thing. The box art was wicked. Too bad the game and series never took off.

Is there anywhere to find information on the driving games? I bet they are weird. Are they made by SNK?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:
xtoo_shortx That pic is sweeeeet. I'm dying to get my hands on the sam sho games. I'll try to find them this summer. I think I have to get on yahoo auctions or something.

I just realized the buster beast game is called second nightmare, I thought there were 2 for the hyper64. I played the NGPC version, it was pretty fun. Just a short little zelda tpye thing. The box art was wicked. Too bad the game and series never took off.

Is there anywhere to find information on the driving games? I bet they are weird. Are they made by SNK?

The first Beast Busters is a dedicated SNK PCB, and yeah the NGPC version is totally not like the arcade games :p

tenmen

n00b
Man I remember when Gamefan broke the news of Samurai Shodown 64 and the Hyper 64 a few years ago...I remember thinking it was going to have dedicated home hardware like the original Neo and calling up all these mail order places to see if anyone was taking preorders...what a bust!!!I remember playing Beast Busters at a laundry matt nearby and think "God...THIS SUCKS!!!"...However I don't think both Samurai 64's were as bad as a lot of people thought they were...never played Fatal Fury Wild Ambition on the Hyper hardware. Was it pretty much the same game as the PSX version or better (or worse?)

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
tenmen said:
Man I remember when Gamefan broke the news of Samurai Shodown 64 and the Hyper 64 a few years ago...I remember thinking it was going to have dedicated home hardware like the original Neo and calling up all these mail order places to see if anyone was taking preorders...what a bust!!!I remember playing Beast Busters at a laundry matt nearby and think "God...THIS SUCKS!!!"...However I don't think both Samurai 64's were as bad as a lot of people thought they were...never played Fatal Fury Wild Ambition on the Hyper hardware. Was it pretty much the same game as the PSX version or better (or worse?)
babygorillawithredtongue.jpg

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Jro...didn't you have a Hyper? Do you still have it?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
Jro...didn't you have a Hyper? Do you still have it?
Yeah, I do have an H64 Rev. 2 and all four fighters. It's been a while since I've hooked up the board, but much of the reason for that is my own laziness (it's not exactly the easiest thing to set up, due to its ridiculous size- I have to set just the right number of magazines under my supergun to make the heights match, and I also switch to a different PSU, just to be on the safe side).

But when I do hook it up I tend to play it a lot. All four fighters are still pretty damn fun, IMO, with Buriki One, in particular, still ranking as one of the finest games ever made.

I'd recommend a purchase for anyone who can find one for a decent price.

Oh, and H64 games are perfect for multiplayer- very few of my friends have ever heard of the Hyper, so I hook it up when they're over and they get hooked on it pretty easily, especially B1.

tenmen

n00b
What's the Hyper 64 hardware setup like??? Is is something you can hook up to a normal television screen or do you need some dedicated cabinet or something?

Someone said two racing games for the system...I know Road's Edge...is there another racer?