Obvious crooks laundering money through Panama

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My issue with the news about the world leaders hiding money through offshore shell companies in Panama is that it doesn't implicate anyone interesting, outside of the Iceland PM.

To me, this smells like a shakedown of Ashley Madison proportion. There is a lot of blackmail material, and a lot of people are paying, right now as you read this, to keep their names redacted on the documents. Unless the leakers were facing death, this material will be used for financial gain. People who see a tomorrow will always be motivated by self gain.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/arch...tekeepers-protect-western-1-from-panama-leak/

Corporate Media Gatekeepers Protect Western 1% From Panama Leak 546

3 Apr, 2016 in Uncategorized by craig

Whoever leaked the Mossack Fonseca papers appears motivated by a genuine desire to expose the system that enables the ultra wealthy to hide their massive stashes, often corruptly obtained and all involved in tax avoidance. These Panamanian lawyers hide the wealth of a significant proportion of the 1%, and the massive leak of their documents ought to be a wonderful thing.

Unfortunately the leaker has made the dreadful mistake of turning to the western corporate media to publicise the results. In consequence the first major story, published today by the Guardian, is all about Vladimir Putin and a cellist on the fiddle. As it happens I believe the story and have no doubt Putin is bent.

But why focus on Russia? Russian wealth is only a tiny minority of the money hidden away with the aid of Mossack Fonseca. In fact, it soon becomes obvious that the selective reporting is going to stink.

The Suddeutsche Zeitung, which received the leak, gives a detailed explanation of the methodology the corporate media used to search the files. The main search they have done is for names associated with breaking UN sanctions regimes. The Guardian reports this too and helpfully lists those countries as Zimbabwe, North Korea, Russia and Syria. The filtering of this Mossack Fonseca information by the corporate media follows a direct western governmental agenda. There is no mention at all of use of Mossack Fonseca by massive western corporations or western billionaires the main customers. And the Guardian is quick to reassure that 杜uch of the leaked material will remain private.

What do you expect? The leak is being managed by the grandly but laughably named 的nternational Consortium of Investigative Journalists? which is funded and organised entirely by the USA痴 Center for Public Integrity. Their funders include

Ford Foundation
Carnegie Endowment
Rockefeller Family Fund
W K Kellogg Foundation
Open Society Foundation (Soros)

among many others. Do not expect a genuine expose of western capitalism. The dirty secrets of western corporations will remain unpublished.

Expect hits at Russia, Iran and Syria and some tiny 澱alancing western country like Iceland. A superannuated UK peer or two will be sacrificed someone already with dementia.

The corporate media the Guardian and BBC in the UK have exclusive access to the database which you and I cannot see. They are protecting themselves from even seeing western corporations sensitive information by only looking at those documents which are brought up by specific searches such as UN sanctions busters. Never forget the Guardian smashed its copies of the Snowden files on the instruction of MI6.

What if they did Mossack Fonseca database searches on the owners of all the corporate media and their companies, and all the editors and senior corporate media journalists? What if they did Mossack Fonseca searches on all the most senior people at the BBC? What if they did Mossack Fonseca searches on every donor to the Center for Public Integrity and their companies?

What if they did Mossack Fonseca searches on every listed company in the western stock exchanges, and on every western millionaire they could trace?

That would be much more interesting. I know Russia and China are corrupt, you don稚 have to tell me that. What if you look at things that we might, here in the west, be able to rise up and do something about?

And what if you corporate lapdogs let the people see the actual data?

UPDATE

Hundreds of thousands of people have read this post in the 11 hours since it was published despite it being overnight here in the UK. There are 235,918 妬mpressions on twitter (as twitter calls them) and over 3,700 people have 都hared so far on Facebook, bringing scores of new readers each.

I would remind you that this blog is produced free for the public good and you are welcome to republish or re-use this article or any other material freely anywhere without requesting further permission.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
tl;dr rich people in power launder money, whuddathunkit

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've been following this since the news broke the other day and yeah, it's really fishy that I haven't read about a single American in any of the articles so far.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Fucking douchebags. The scandal is also in full gear here in Denmark. I doubt anything will happen to anyone, and the public at large will continue to get poorer while the fat fucking rich fuckers get richer.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think the big issue is that the public isn't at an uproar simply because nobody is surprised. People already know their elected leaders are corrupt pieces of shit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think the big issue is that the public isn't at an uproar simply because nobody is surprised. People already know their elected leaders are corrupt pieces of shit.

People would get their panties tangled if they had a list of names.

If one of the names was republican, the liberals would be screaming.

And vice versa.

That's why I think that like Ashley Madison, big names are being blackmailed and paying out large sums.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It would be pretty awesome if any of the presidential front runners were on the list.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It's infuriating that they would use an established left leaning newspaper to advance right winged agendas. I know what I'm writing seems naive and I have long been turned off by The Guardian's editorial line, it's just bizzare. Growing up that paper was something of a paradigm not to mention the BCC, amazing how discombobulated it all is now, how much corporate stock there is invested in these institutions.
Check this out, the 2 newspapers chosen here in Argentina to cover the whole ordeal, Clarin and La Nacion, are as right winged and bent as you can get.
Even though they've revealed stuff on the President here, I'm sure they are covering up much worse shit on him. It's widely known how deeply entangled the current government is with these news and media outlets. The media by and large here is idiotic and the public tend to be treated like cattle by them. Led by the nose.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Shawn is on the list... WTF!

xROTx

PS. It's all been very interesting...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What CIA operative we gonna throw in jail this time?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
That's why I think that like Ashley Madison, big names are being blackmailed and paying out large sums.

Well, if that's the only consequence, then whatever... if you are on that list, then the one thing you'll probably never run out of are large sums.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
People would get their panties tangled if they had a list of names.

If one of the names was republican, the liberals would be screaming.

And vice versa.

This kind of reminds me of client #9, Eliot Spitzer. When he resigned, the only question I had in my mind was: so who's client 1-8, 10 and behind? You get outed when you are not in the club.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
It wouldn't matter even if there were a laundry list of American politicians. The general public (well a quarter to a third of them at least) would be back at the polls in November to pull the lever for whichever shitheel the party has selected for them (ABORTION! LIVING WAGE!).

Just because this moving wealth offshore stuff reminds me of it (legal but people get butthurt), I loved when Obama got up to complain about 'taking advantage of loopholes' via inversions. Maybe if the fucking tax code wasn't an uncountable number of pages long, you wouldn't have so many 'loopholes'. A loophole is just a way that people smarter than the government figured out how to work within the rules to beat them. So of course they get all pissy.

Public service needs to stop being a career and start being an imposition. People need to start holding their government accountable for being easily persuaded dullards rather than blaming the monolitic "corporations" or "lobbyists". Oh boohoo. Someone paid for you to go golfing, maybe don't just let them write a federal law in exchange? That doesn't seem so hard.

Although honestly, I think American politicians probably don't need to bother secreting away their wealth too much. Everyone in this country is already so rich, fat, and sassy by world standards that you have no true 'poors' to worry about an uprising. Putin on the other hand has funneled 90% of Russia's economy into his and his friends pockets while a most Russians live on less than LoneSage's neighbors. The truth could end up bad for him in that case. We aren't likely to hang President Hillary at least until the whole country goes to total shit which at least for now seems reasonably far off.

Have you ever seen a debate with a person who just happens to be running for a political office vs. a politician? It is like they aren't even using the same language. Nobody talks like a politician, yet people have decided that because they puppet vague topical issues important to them that they can trust them. Americans don't want to be told that things are hard. They don't want grey areas. They want big ass walls, free money for everyone, and the cock of the United States Federal Government firmly lodged deep, deep in their ass.

P.S. I feel/know that I've covered like 6 topics in 6 paragraphs. That's because I've had 6 beers and I'm still up at midnight. Feel free to delete this post.