Noob question about muticarts

dr.willy

n00b
Okay do any of the multicarts offer the option of hardlocking it onto a certain game? I would like to put one in my 4 slot and when I hit game select and it comes to that slot just have it boot whatever game I hardlock it to rather then having to scroll through the list of stuff everytime. Not really sure if this is even an option though.

Thanks

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
To my knowledge there is nothing like what you are saying, however, when you have the multicart in one of the slots, when you first boot it and select the game, unless you go back to the menu, when you do the select game option to scroll between the games it will go back to the last one selected. Just have to choose the game on each power up of the cabinet.

Hope that helps.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Why not just buy the mvs cart you want and forget about the multicart?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
If you manage to find a 138 in 1 cart, you can do the dip switch mod to bypass the menu entirely and hard lock it to games by setting the appropriate dips.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
If you manage to find a 138 in 1 cart, you can do the dip switch mod to bypass the menu entirely and hard lock it to games by setting the appropriate dips.

Just a quick note about the 138 in 1. Due to the daughter board, it isn't a really good candidate for multi slot boards. Works great with single slots though, well it did with my MV-1B

tastysoil

New Challenger
I had the 111-in-1 multicart once and I never knew of a way to lock out games…

I ended up getting rid of it because my ADD wouldn't let me spend quality time with a game…I was always jumping all over the place from game to game.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Maybe the OP just happens to want one of the more expensive games that are available on a multicart, like Pulstar, Andro Dunos, Sengoku 3, Samurai Shodown 5.

Regards.